Caravan For VOI. 10?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone been planning to caravan to detroit for VOI 10. I'm leaving on Wednesday the 27th. It's only three hours so no need to get there the day befor unless someone had a different plan for a caravan. Maybe we could all meet in columbus and then drive up. Just an idea for a central location. Someone let me know. The idea of driving up to detroit with a whole group of vipers sounds pretty sweet to me. :drive:

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in! I live on the north end of Columbus (Powell). My wife and I are planning on leaving mid Wed. a.m. Although, that could be adjusted if need be.

Still trying to figure out how we're going to pack with only the trunk of my RT available. Looks like we'll be traveling light.

Can't wait.

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still trying to figure out how we're going to pack with only the trunk of my RT available. Looks like we'll be traveling light.

I'm useing those "Space Bags." I got them where I work. You put all your clothing into the bag and then **** the air out with a vacuum. I got seven days worth of clothing into the large bag and the bag fit well into the sides of my RT/10 trunk. One bag for my clothing and one for my wife.

Last edited:
OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm wondering if we should maybe meet in columbus the day befor, like tuesday and stay @ a hotel so we can all leave together on wednesday mourning. I believe there is a hotel next to the Quaker Steak and lube on polaris parkway in columbus. Maybe we can try to get a special rate for the night or something...I'm open to all suggestions :)

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgive me for posting yet again but the reason I suggested meeting in columbus the day befor is I live near cleveland and it would be a 2 hour drive just to get to columbus so thats my thinking on that but again, I am open to all suggestions :)

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, email me a contact # for you: [email protected].

I'll email Randall above as well.

Perhaps you can cut across the state and we can meet you along the way. Or we can arrange something in Columbus. Either way, we'll put together a band of snakes heading North!!!

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan rcdice. I sent you an e-mail with a contact #. I'll be talking to you soon.

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, looks like my travel plans are changing. We will be leaving on tuesday to be there wednesday for the conner tour. Don't know what time we will leave yet... let me know if anyone near northeast ohio is leaveing that same day.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i remember right, the rest stop-cleveland is a 40 min drive. we will be heading 80W on ohio turnpike into 280 i believe and then into detroit

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just looking at the map a little bit more and it looks like 80w and 90w might become the same for a little while. Do you think maybe you could leave me a cell number to call you at. Send me a p.m.?

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes 917 923 0625. we are aiming for 1pm at the ohio rest stop, we have to fill up and maybe have lunch. so figure we will leaving around 2pm. you could wait on the side of road or at a rest top oon 80w right after your 90w connection and we'll call you as we get close..

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea but I don't travel all that much so I don't know the roads all that well. :(

its all good my friend. it might just be easier for you to drive south from where you are and meet us at the rest top on the turpike. i beleive its around exit 223ish??? its the first stop from PA-Ohio

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I have to get ready for work soon so I will give you a call tonight if thats o.k. to sort out some details and maybe get some more cars from ohio with me as well. Thanks!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper