CC body kit question......

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear All,

Just a question to ask. I know that the CC is not street legal. But, do you guys know anyone out there that can create the exact bodykit or some sort of replica for my SRT 10? It will be great if my car have the CC looks. What I mean is the exact look and not just some bodykit add on. Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

Phil

Rhonda J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only place to deal with about CC is Archer Racing Accessories. They have built the only Street Legal CC that I know of. Talk to John Archer (218) 727-4806.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only place to deal with about CC is Archer Racing Accessories. They have built the only Street Legal CC that I know of. Talk to John Archer (218) 727-4806.

Technically, there is no such thing as a street legal CC :) They are not certified for the street, do not meet minimum DOT ride height, do not have front bumpers, among many other things. That is why they do not have VIN numbers. Yes, lights and such can be added, and it likely could be registered as a kit car, or you could buy a wrecked Viper and transfer the VIN plate... but that does not make it street "Legal" ;)

If you look in the Supplier specials, a fellow makes a front fascia and hood styled after the comp coupe. They look pretty nice in the pics.

Maurice Liang really wanted to put a comp coupe body on an SRT and asked all kinds of questions about it at the Roush (the CC assembly facility) while we visited in January. The answer came back, it would not fit. The CC body is wider and longer and the mounting points for the bodies are added to the frame at the CC facility as the frames arrives not "net form and pierced" for body mounting. Net forming and piercing is the first op at the Viper factory.

OP
OP
P

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Jay for the input!! I guess it's too bad. The CC is so adorable...so ****...so......oh well, I should wake up and get to work!!

Phil

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62