CERTIFICATE HOLDERS----THE VULTURES ARE CIRCLING!

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The POWER of ordering the SRT-10 is in your HANDS!
[It's about time that the Consumer is in control of a product release!]
cool.gif

YOU AND ONLY YOU have the choice of whom you are going to order from and how much you are going to pay!

I have had many calls from my Viper customers stating that they have been bombarded with Flyers,E-Mail, and even calls to them for a sale.

"Sales People aren"t high on my Christmas list--GEE I don't see-em on my list anymore-- OH Well!"
dead.gif

[Sorry there is no job for you here.]

I WILL NOT:
Annoy,Torment,Pester,Plague,******,Worry,Badger,Harry,Harass,
Heckle,Persecute,Irk,Bullyrag,Vex,Disquiet,Grate,Beset,Bother,
Tease,Nettle,Tantalize--
YOU!!

BOTTOM LINE IS:
If you would like a SRT-10--I would be honored to order it for you, and you WILL get it for well below sticker!

YOU ARE IN CONTROL!!!!
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Chuck,

Thanks for all the info today !
I need to take a break and clean my Viper
smile.gif

Congrats on your dramatic Viper business growth ! You deserve it!

Regards,

2Charmed

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to be a pest, but this type of advertisement just really gets my goat. Fitzgerald Dodge has indeed sold many Vipers, are a site sponsor here, etc. However, by and large, we don't hear anything from them (board participation) until the certificates arrive and the customer is in the drivers seat with allocation, so to speak.

Then, the only response we get is the one above - claiming superiority on everything from volume to trade value. (Some of which are unsubstantiated - will other dealers guarantee your trade value - I think so - I have ordered cars in the past and had my trade in value guaranteed...)

Lastly, in order to be an effective advertisement, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE provide reasonable contact information. There is no name attached to this note, no phone number, etc. I received an email from some Chandler Automall with no name, no phone number and no message, just three attachments with weird file extensions. I deleted it and sent "it" a reply - got back a completely worthless response - "It's important information for your members about the 2003 - please forward." Yeah, right....

So, if you want to use this forum for blatant advertising - please participate and provide value in other areas first...

farrbar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know that Roanoke Motors is a large dealer in Vipers, and advertises on this Board. Although they do not post actively (I don't think the internet is a big thing in rural Illinois!), but I have bought 2 cars from them and they absolutely stand behind the car and offer excellent service - before, during and after the sale. In addition, they are very fair on trade in prices. Not to mention that they have a great Viper tech.

To be honest, I can't think of a more pleasurable place to do business. Several years ago I showed up unannounced at his showroom (2 hrs. from Chicago) and expressed interest in a Viper. He unlike any other dealer in the greater Chicago area, took me seriously (I was only 22 at the time). Needless to say I new I wanted the car, and I think the fact that he took me seriously, was the biggest reason that I cut him a check that day. Now I am on my second car, and am awaiting my certificate for the '03.

John Gastman (owner of dealership) sponsors several races for the Illinois Region, and truly supports VCA.

So if you are willing to skip the internet side of things, and do business with phone calls and a hand shake, Roanoke motors is the place.

I am not affiliated with Roanoke Motors, just a very satisfied customer.

MORALE OF THE STORY: Don't buy your snake from a snake, several good Big Viper dealers exist (ironically the are in small towns) get one from them.

RTF-
2001 Yellow RT/10
1994 Black RT/10 (sold)
1998 Porsche Boxster
2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni..you hit the nail on the head. While I hold no grudge against Fitzgerald...I too find it wrong for them to do what they did. I would like to say that when I decided to buy a '94 RT..I called Fitzgerald, Woodhouse, Latham, and stopped at Barbera. The only one that returned my phone call, was Woodhouse. When it came time to get my 2000..I only called Woodhouse. If I were in the market for a Viper now, I would again only call Woodhouse.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When it comes right down to it, most dealers are going to give a good deal because we hold the power on buying 2003's.

I don't think Fitz is #1 anymore. As for the guaranteed trade value... yeah, they guaranteed the value of my trade in when I got my '98 Viper... but when it came time to pick up the car, they jacked the price on the Viper up by another $1,000. Supposedly that was a "misunderstanding" and has been "taken care of", but I still had my car "ransomed" to me! And I am still out the extra money I was charged at delivery. Note that there is no mention of what sort of deal they will offer on a 2003 - only that it will be "one we can both live with". Well, there are a lot of things I could "live with" - like ****** - but I'd not if I don't have to!
smile.gif

So it's Woodhouse all the way this time. I can't go there for service, but I know Bob and Bill will stand behind the car and back me up in any potential dealings with Dodge on warranty issues. And I know they will always be there in case of problems.

Sure, I might pay a few hundred more for the car... but I think it's worth it. And it's not like Woodhouse will be selling cars for 1000's more than others... they have always given very good deals on Vipers - I just don't think they will be doing "$100 over invoice". Who knows - maybe they will? But their price will sure as hell be alot off MSRP.

Dan Woods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that Roanoke Motors is a great place to do business. I've bought three new Vipers over the years from John Gastman and I've always been very satisfied. I live in the Chicago area, but I haven't found any dealers in the area that treat me like Roanoke does. They may not be active on the board, but they sell more Vipers than anyone else, and they've got the service tech to support the sales effort. There are numerous Dodge dealers in the Chicago area, but I'd rather go to Roanoke for any service issues even if it is a 2 1/2 hour drive each way.

Get your 2003 Convertible from the top selling Viper dealer in the country. Call John Gastman at 1-800-541-6858 to find out why .

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is obvious that Roanoke and Woodhouse have such a great following because they fully understand how to service the Viper community as a whole. Now it should not surprise everyone that these two dealerships are #1(Woohouse) & #2(Roanoke) in New Viper sales for this year. They have built up a great reputation, and now they are being rewarded for the being there for their customers.

There are many other dealers, Buhler, Fitgerald, Tator, Claud Short (I think they are gone) Kohler,Lathem and many I can not name off the top of my head, that have done a great deal for the VCA, it's members, and the Viper Nation as a whole.

There are many New dealers that have not been around as long as we have and are now considering becoming part of the family.

The moral of the story, deal with who you feel comfortable with, and make sure that we treat them as family, as most of them have treated us.

Happy Holidays to our Dealer SANTA'S!

OP
OP
V

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the clock ticks by--The Vultures have been RELENTLESS!
asthanos.gif

Now here come the Hyenas looking for a Carcass or two!
redface.gif

CERTIFICATE HOLDERS: This is a reminder that "YOUR THE BOSS"!!

As a CERT HOLDER and as a Dealer - This is what I decided::
2% over Invoice plus shipping if needed.
[Sorry I can't take any more Trade-in's]

COOL?
cool.gif

OP
OP
V

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Dan you can get one, but the question is WHEN??
Once the Certs get back to Viper HQ by 02/28/02, then they all go into one basket. Then they will be pulled one at a time and at RANDOM! You may get it in 02 or you may go into 03, depending on how many orders DC gets for it's first run.

OP
OP
V

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,
My sales are finalized with a hand-shake!!
smile.gif

Pay for the car when it comes in!
BURNOUT.gif

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Viper Wizard on 01-14-2002 at 04:27 PM</font>

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...I am sure that the "Wiz" knows the real story about allocation, but I find it to be the wrong way. (How's it goin' Chuck? We met at Nifty Fifties) If DC is indeed going to allocate the cars by a lottery....how does this help the dealers that are big Viper dealers? The dealers that sell more cars should get a better allocation. Or, maybe on a customer satisfaction index, or some way that actually rewards a dealer who has performed well. I am not in the market for the new Viper, so it has little bearing on me, but I really think it is wrong to not somehow "reward" dealers that perform well.

OP
OP
V

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Matt,
mrmenuck is right THERE IS NO ALLOCATION! If you have a Cert you will get an 03. It duzz not matter if the Dealer sold one Viper or 2500 Vipers.POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!
BURNOUT.gif