Certificate Program #3 for the coupe? I vote yes

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's an idea for those slammin' the SRT/10 and holding out for the coupe. How about certificates for the new coupe (like in 1996) for buyers and holders of SRT/10s? You buy and keep (not flip) your SRT/10 and you are first in line for the coupe when it becomes available.

Flame suit on, but I am keeping my SRT/10 - my '93 RT has gotten me two certficates ('96 & '03) and I'd like to see the new car provide more of the same.

Sound off!

OP
OP
K

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were no plans for a coupe when I bought my '93, either. While there may be no current plans to build a coupe, I will personally be shocked if one is not built in a few years, especially since the competition coupe is a reality and sits on the same chassis with many body parts in common. Given all the clamoring for a coupe, why wouldn't DC build it if the market and numbers make sense?

I certainly would not hold out for the coupe and personally look forward to having a true convertible that can be daily driven, but I don't equate lack of plans for a coupe to no possiblity of a coupe.

Just trying to up the speculation ante ;-)

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From my experience the "no plans to produce, blah blah blah" is just an answer to shut peole up until a real plan is finalized. With the comp coupe being what it is, I (in my opinion) think we'll surely see a coupe, especially if the demand is there, DC wouldn't say "no thanks" to money.

Craig

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith,
So your idea is people who are "slamming" the SRT should buy one and hang onto it for years, despite the fact that they obviously don't like the car, in hopes that if some day Dodge builds a street-legal coupe, which is at least 4 years off, they will be first in line to get it, maybe, depending on how it ultimately gets allocated? Obviously Dodge isn't going to announce formally an allocation plan for a coupe, which there are officially no plans to produce. I have a better idea. How about the same people "slamming" the SRT can turn around and sell theirs for fair market value, invest the money that they make in so doing, and if and when Dodge does produce a coupe, they can use the original principal on their investment to pay for a "grey market" coupe at fair market value, and use the profits from their investment to buy headers and exhaust for their new coupe? Just a counter-idea!!!
smile.gif

Craig,
No Viper any more? Or are you just not listing it in your sig and avatar???

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Venom Lover:
Keith,
Craig,
No Viper any more? Or are you just not listing it in your sig and avatar???

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike,
Never had one, I'm only 19. It's my Dad and Uncle that have them (96 GTS and 94RT/10) I just kick around here and get all the info I can and add my own $.02 whenever I feel I have something to add.

As for my Avatar only Viper owners can have them (though Tony is lookign into letting me have it back) because it's an easier way to recognize the real owners from the posers, which I'm neither of. So I guess I'll just have to wait until I finish university, pay off my debt, then buy a Viper. Also, the car in my sig is my red 87 Shelby Dodge Daytona (from chryslers 2.2 turbo days)

Craig

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I learn something every day! Good luck to you -- it sounds like you have a rational plan in place. I hope that it works out for you!

Yeah, there are a lot of rules about those avatars, eh???

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62