Challenger 392 and Ralph on Jay Leno's Garage

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the sound and I think beefing up the suspension is a good idea. Ralph, you should have taken the wheel from Jay to show what that car can really do!

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great promo piece from a true car nut.
Oh, and it's good to see Jay there too. :)

I wonder how many car company CEO's get as 'hands-on' as Ralph.

Ralph, you should have taken the wheel from Jay to show what that car can really do!
Embarrass Jay on his own webisode? :D

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was running my blown Challenger at Infineon back in November when they had the 392s at the track... happily, Adam Forte brought out a white one for the Wednesday Night Drags. 12.44, backed up later on with a 12.5x by a different SRT guy. Here's my video of one of those runs:

YouTube - ‪392drags‬‏

Really a significant upgrade over the 370; better than I thought it'd be. For comparison, I ran 11.925 @ 118 with a 7 psi Vortech'd SRT8. Good DA night.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love seeing how excited Ralph gets over cars! Most car company execs would have to be coached on what to say and what changes have been made. Its clear that Ralph knows the cars inside and out, every little detail. Its also clear in this video how much Ralph is a Viper guy, I counted at least three times he mentioned the Viper.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the look of the Challenger, definately the best of the retro rods out there. The sound is perfect, mean and precise. :2tu:

Why is Dodge not using Ralph for TV commercials pimping the entire Chrysler line? Perfect mix of cool, controlled and believable salesmanship. He appeals to both the younger crowd and us more "mature" types :D

Good job on the 392...look forward to seeing what else Dodge has coming out.

Cheers,
George

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great interview, both Ralph and Jay are such great assets to the automotive world.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting! It's great to have a CEO who's as down to earth that he can do that type of wepisode and really speak for the car and the positive changes engineered into the new Challenger! I bet Ford and GM's CEOs would never sign up to actually discuss a new model in such a format.

Did I hear correctly that the fuel-saving mode only comes with Automatic SRT Challengers?

Regards,
Aaron

HPmopars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting! It's great to have a CEO who's as down to earth that he can do that type of wepisode and really speak for the car and the positive changes engineered into the new Challenger! I bet Ford and GM's CEOs would never sign up to actually discuss a new model in such a format.

Did I hear correctly that the fuel-saving mode only comes with Automatic SRT Challengers?
Regards,
Aaron

Yes, that's correct. Only the autos get MDS.;)
I ordered a green 6spd SRT8 Challenger on Jan 12, can't wait to get it! :drive:

:D

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
That was a fun video to watch! Great job by Chrysler on the Chally, and great to see Ralph representing the product so well. Very cool cat, that Ralph.

I'm waiting until the fall for details on the 2012, just in case they upgrade it further!

Leojmcca

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great video, love the old spring green like color on the car.

It's also nice to see their finally coming out with an SRT-8 in white. (The viper blue stripes also look really nice on the white car)

Jay must be getting old, he kept leaving the turn signal on!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Drove a 392 today. Remote start, keyless entry, pushbutton start, all nice stuff. It started up with a rip snortin' snarl! Simple button to defeat traction control, which is a must for me. With a stab at the throttle, both rears broke loose easily. Wasn't expecting that to happen w/o trying much, even with the auto. Its got a lot of neat features. My next daily driver.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice video. It must be great to be popular enough to have Ralph Gilles drive to your garage and show you the latest cars. Jay is really cool as far as celebrities go. Thanks for posting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave