Challenger Hellcat gets 707HP!

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
707hp is sweet for the Hellcat. Cant wait to see the numbers..I'm pretty sure the '15 Viper will definitely get a HP bump now.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the Halo car with V-10 has 70hp less? It is my understanding that the current NA V-10 of the viper is at its max in current form.(stock). I have no idea what Dodge will do next for the viper.

JeffInDFW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I predict the Vipers V10 will see a supercharger added for 2015. They can not do anymore with it NA, and they can NOT have the Challenger sitting there with 70 more HP.

HANKFAN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I predict the Vipers V10 will see a supercharger added for 2015. They can not do anymore with it NA, and they can NOT have the Challenger sitting there with 70 more HP.

God I hope your right!

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, say hello to my new car, I am trading in my 2013 Challenger for the Hell Cat, I love my Challenger but 707hp is the ticket for me.:usa:

RSNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am very happy for and proud of Dodge / SRT for putting out this car in this configuration! Great work! 707 is impressive.

I still don't think we will see anything significant for the 2015 model year Viper. The product plan they released shows a refresh of the Viper for 2015, which to me means the 2016 model year. Then I think we will see a 725+ HP Viper.

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats impressive hp but you could put 900 hp in there and i still wouldnt buy one. I just dont find anything appealing about that car. Not my thing but to each his own.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My bet is NO change to 2015 Viper Power. Current engine maxed out and no time, business case or $$$$$$ for a new engine. 2016 is anyone's guess.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now this is WHAT THE F*CK I'M TALKING ABOUT!! Nice to see Dodge and the SRT guys show they got some f*cking balls!! This is BADASS! And I personally believe the 15 Viper WILL definitely have a power increase...they built the car with forged internals and they didn't do that so we could take the Viper to Doug Levin...they did that for what has to be a factory supercharged Viper pushing 750 - 775 hp to answer the C7 Z06 in an ACR version and threatening to offer a 850- 875 Comp Coupe version to answer any potential ZR1 threat from GM. One problem with the current Viper is that the big truck engine spools up too slow to win most drag races in its class, a supercharged Viper will cure that and many more problems, real or perceived currently dogging the Gen 5.

THIS IS BADASS!! :headbang:

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be nice to see Dodge have a Pony that will run with Mustang and Camaro, The challenger is a great driving car, I love my 2013 I am sure the Hellcat will be even better. Fear not fellow Viper owners, the Viper will still be the fastest car in the stable by a long shot. 700 hp is just cool if nothing else.:usa:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really enjoyed drag racing the Challenger at the last VOI (other than it being an automatic), I can't imagine how awesome this beast is going to be. First Ford blew the doors off everything, now this.....I just can't believe I live in an era where you can buy something like this. Hell yes!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way, this is the stuff that sells cars. Punch this out, drop it into the Viper with 800 hp and it's game on.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
And yet, the Viper will be faster at everything.

Yep, 70 hp doesn't make up for 800-1000 pounds of weight difference. Not to mention the Viper suspension is likely way better at corners than the Challenger. Fun to see the horsepower wars back on though between the big three. If nothing else it's bragging rights.

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If dodge does not match or exceed 707 with the viper, take it off life support. I have a Gen 5 (Gen 3 and 2 before) and love it, drive it to work unless stormy forecast, not selling it anytime soon....but hate to see what is happening. I say kill it rather than it continue to be part of a series of corporate missteps. Let it go away like in 2011/2012, instead of some lame repackaging for 2015/16.

Last edited:

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, way to short change the Viper SRT. Good job. Let's see, skimp on the HP then lock out your ECU so nobody can tune it. Meanwhile Chevy actually sends out their parts to aftermarket companies BEFORE production so these parts will be available for their customers and their cars, because they realize that people like to modify their cars. And SRT is wondering why the Viper isn't selling well? Seriously? Get your head out of a*ses!!!

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great job on Hellcat,so Badaxxx...The hellcat will run with or beat the Gen.5 in the quarter mile with that amount of HP and a Auto easy..DRs, it will spank it..Now show the love to Viper owners /possible future owners with the same enthusiasm and SRT is all set.

Viper MUST have at least 707plus HP for 16 or it will not survive.Numbers are huge when people buy cars... Esp.with that monster Z06 coming...

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The real question is whether the test drive will be a Red Fob one to taste that palindromic '707' HP! Very limited numbers for sure, with a price to match. I love it.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That thing will be at least 65 /70 K after the greedy dealers put their extra money on them..They will sell all they can make of these for years...

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great job on Hellcat,so Badaxxx...The hellcat will run with or beat the Gen.5 in the quarter mile with that amount of HP and a Auto easy..DRs, it will spank it..Now show the love to Viper owners /possible future owners with the same enthusiasm and SRT is all set.

Viper MUST have at least 707plus HP for 16 or it will not survive.Numbers are huge when people buy cars... Esp.with that monster Z06 coming...

While I agree that the flagship car (Viper) should have the most HP, this is not the only consideration. The Viper as is will still likely have a better power-to-weight ratio than the Hellcat and the Hellcat will not be a good around a track. Further as your own beloved VW Turbo Beatle (I mean 991 Porsche TTS) shows, having the most HP is not necessary to sell cars (I believe that even with temporary, super overboost the P-car is still "only" around 562hp or something).

It will be very hard for the Viper to make changes in power in one year to satisfy all. It will probably take a Gen VI, which will take more robust Gen V sales and $$$$$$$$$ R&D. Re-pricing and production of the Vert seem like the way to go to get sales on track. Time will tell--hopefully at the Viper Plant Open House later this month.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I don't get all the gloom and doom with power numbers. It's performance that matters, not the bench racing numbers. Look at what the GTR has done with a "measly" 485hp (at least with the initial models). That thing has been a track terror from day one and you don't hear many people complaining that it's not quick enough. It's not the number that counts, it's how you use it. Efficiently putting the power where it needs to be is what makes a car fast. Personally I love the "bigger hammer" approach because I think it's fun to just chuck excess stuff at something to eventually get there, but as an engineer I also understand that you can do an awful lot with very little if you do it right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper