Change of time for Petty Driving Experience Q&A Session?

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just noticed that the last Petty Q&A has changed from 4:00pm to 1:00pm on Thursday Sept 27th (link). Assuming this was a deliberate change (I didn't see anything about it anywhere on the forum) I need to rethink my travel plans.

I wanted to point this out in case anyone else was planning on arriving mid-afternoon on Thursday with the assumption of catching the last Q&A.

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, way too late to change that when people have planned out long road trips with multiple stops to get to this Q&A session.

Guess we're gonna have to ask everyone how it was, huh?

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, crap. I just went from a 90% probability to make a Q&A to 0%.

Yea, maybe we can get cliff notes from those who attend it at like the dinner that night. I guess it's a drivers' meeting, has been my assumption, so rules for session (using hand signals for passing or spaced apart, or ....) so maybe if get the scoop from others we'll be OK, especially those with plenty of track exp at other tracks. argh.

Mad Max

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Leaving IN Wed. Evening. Guess I'll have to drive a little faster!!

00VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crap, not going to make that unless I hit the road O'Dark 30, Thursday morning. I may need to read the cliff notes.

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, way too late to change that when people have planned out long road trips with multiple stops to get to this Q&A session.

Guess we're gonna have to ask everyone how it was, huh?

Agreed. I would think most members had planned on arriving from noon-3pm Thursday, checking in to their hotel, then attending the 4pm session.

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me pile on here... This is a late change to what was assumed to be a mandatory meeting. Also no notification? Someone has to stumble upon it? So, someone needs to explain the alternatives, since arriving and getting signed by 1pm is not reasonable for people with 7+ hour drives. With stops I'm looking at needing to leave by 3:30am.

I couldn't tell you much about the schedule, but I knew about that 4pm meeting.

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be great for the people who attend the meeting post what was discussed for all of us who can't make it now.

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be great for the people who attend the meeting post what was discussed for all of us who can't make it now.

That's a good idea... it is technically not mandatory, just "Highly Recommended".

Someone just point me to the track and tell me clockwise or counter clockwise and I'm GTG. What could possibly go wrong?

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing that up, I didn't even notice it.There should have been an email or notice sent. I'm sure it would work a lot better if it was later in the afternoon (as scheduled).

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, this has definitely screwed with everyone's schedule driving down from the DC area.... Completely split our group.

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hold the phone... VOI Staff just came through with an update:

We have added a third Petty Q&A session for 4:00 in the Piedmont Room in the Embassy Suites.

I don't think it is shown on the schedule yet, but I just got an email response from them. Thanks VOI Staff!

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hold the phone... VOI Staff just came through with an update:

I don't think it is shown on the schedule yet, but I just got an email response from them. Thanks VOI Staff!

Good! Thank you VOI staff.

V

Venomiss

4:00 PM in the Piedmont room ....posted on the wwwVOI12.com website as well.

See you there.

OP
OP
W

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome! Thank you so much for changing it back. That will help a lot of folks who can't miss work tomorrow like myself.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LoL, crap, I was right there from 3-4, shame I didn't check the website, I walked right out and didn't know. Ugh.

Still hoping for cliff notes.