Oct. Avg Low: 49°F
Oct. Avg: 61°F
Rain: 3.40 in.
High: 98°F (1954)
Low: 24°F (1962)

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a search of the past 8 years weather in Charlotte on the VIR dates and this is the average:

September 27 had an average temp of 80 and rain 75% of the time over the 8 years.
September 28 had an average temp of 81 and rain 70% of the time.
September 29 had an average temp of 77 and rain 50% of the time.
September 30 had an average temp of 78 and rain 50% of the time.

Lets hope we beat the odds and have great weather!

Source was Weather Underground (wunderground.com) taken at the airport.

Last edited:

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In general the east cost driest month is October, but September is also there. Problem is tropical storms and hurricanes :omg: skew the averages... So if you take those out then the outlook is even better.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm.... Love the air temp, not so much for the % of rain. I'm in for this event for sure. I've been considering a set of the new PSS for the snake. Even though I don't normally drive it in the wet, looks like they may be the right choice for this event.

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a search of the past 8 years weather in Charlotte on the VIR dates and this is the average:

September 27 had an average temp of 80 and rain 75% of the time over the 8 years.
September 28 had an average temp of 81 and rain 70% of the time.
September 29 had an average temp of 77 and rain 50% of the time.
September 30 had an average temp of 78 and rain 50% of the time.

Lets hope we beat the odds and have great weather!

Source was Weather Underground (wunderground.com) taken at the airport.

Farmers Almanac had Sept 27 -30 dry for the last 5 years. let's hope so

sn8kbyt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Late Sept early Oct is best weather time of the year in Charlotte. Moved here five years ago and I can't believe VOI
coming to my back yard.

V

Venomiss

Charlotte is a beautiful area and hopefully the weather will be as nice as the last VOI in Salt Lake City.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Will there be INDOOR Viper parking at the hotel?
Remember when we went to Nashville in 2002??? Parking there was outdoors...a first for me since my prior 2 VOI experiences had
been at facilities where indoor parking was part of the package.

A hurricane had been making it's way north from the southern coast, and the residual would surely be there as we arrived. Concern over this with the associated possibility of hail storms caused me to make a few calls prior to our departure. My worry was that we could be hit by hail storms with no place to hide. As I explored this issue (then determined !!!), the hail problem had not been adequately anticipated (in my opinion) by the "organizors". Fortunately, after I made a couple of quick calls to downtown Nashville parking structures, a deal was made where we could dash there emergently to gain shelter...AND they agreed to charge only $10.00 per car overnight if this became necessary. Fortunately, we did not get hail...though the convoys hit torrential rains just north of Nashville on the arrival day causing a wreck or two...and a lot of soaked car
interiors that night, including GTS's!!

"BE PREPARED" is still a great motto!!

V

Venomiss

Yes, be prepared for very fun VOI12 and sorry you didn't attend the last SLC event.:)