Cheapest SRT in the country..........

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely a low price, but it doesn't seem totally unreasonable for an '03 with 15k miles. Six year old cars are at the very bottom of their depreciation curve right now. That said, if the car is clean with no history, the buyer definitely can't go wrong with that price.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I told you it was my ex and she got it in the divorce settlement, would you laugh or cry?

Just kidding - thank god it's not my ex... It would have gotten crushed in the 'cash for clunkers' program. Again, just kidding, we're still very good friends.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was watching that car and am very surprised there weren't more bidders near the end.....sadly its winter too, I got my Viper in winter from a desperate seller and got a steal of a price.....looks like February is the month for buyers.

I am looking in the next 6-8 months at getting my 2nd Viper and it appears the prices are certainly very reasonable.....now if only I could find a really cheap '98 GTS-R.

Regards,
Aaron

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why, Tiger, why? Getting the Gen 3 you've always wanted? :D

The car market for buying is great now, so I figure I would take advantage of it. I am also listing my car at a fair price and I just think after 6 years it is time for a change. I have had lots of fun with the car and Viperclub but I think it is time for a Z06.

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way, for your 08 you have got to this the plate: SMURF U. Brother has it on his Laguna Seca Blue M3 (For Sale Currently ;)) and it cracks me up everytime.

That's a good one :2tu:. I already got it registered with "got vnm" to go along with the got trq, but will keep it in mind for next year(we can change every year if desired).

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I linked in the classifed here for you Keith. And I hate to say it but I don't think you have a prayer of selling it at ANY price unless you fix the paint. This is not just a couple of chips. And there is no picture of the side sills but you say they are chipped too.....

Sapphire_1.jpg

Sapphire.jpg

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT was a heck of deal to be sure, but as a frequent eBay buyer/seller (7/96) I can say that this one scared a lot of people away:

1. Brand-new eBay user (<week) with zero feedback
  2. Minimal description with misspellings, etc. (not being a critic, but it is often a red flag for scams)
  3. No interior pictures, trunk pictures (I know, I know), or much of anything else. Another red flag for scammers.
Now apparently this was NOT a scam and that is great to know. But I'll bet that if that car had been posted with a more complete description and more photos it would have garnered higher bids. Regardless, it was a heck of a deal for somebody!

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT was a heck of deal to be sure, but as a frequent eBay buyer/seller (7/96) I can say that this one scared a lot of people away:

1. Brand-new eBay user (<week) with zero feedback
  2. Minimal description with misspellings, etc. (not being a critic, but it is often a red flag for scams)
  3. No interior pictures, trunk pictures (I know, I know), or much of anything else. Another red flag for scammers.
Now apparently this was NOT a scam and that is great to know. But I'll bet that if that car had been posted with a more complete description and more photos it would have garnered higher bids. Regardless, it was a heck of a deal for somebody!

thanks for the great tips - the value of experience :2tu:

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez, that SRT went cheaper than the 2000 I just bought, and I thought I got a helluva deal on that one!!

Unfortunately, very few suspect a market recovery in 2009. Things are still getting worse. Of course, the doomsday media doesn't help, either...

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You are looking for another Viper?? What happened to the Mamba?

Already bought one last weekend. The car technically isnt for me, its a new platform to rebuild a customers car who wrecked his last fall. The Mamba is in storage for the winter, it isnt going anywhere! I have a few new toys and plans for the coming season on her...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62