Check out my new parking spot

Randomaccess

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If any of my viper brothers in the area need to borrow a lift just ask...

You must be registered for see images attach

AnacondaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg::omg::omg: Is that a Direct Lift Pro Park 8S with the Gold ANSI/ALI ALCTV - 2006 Certificate. Sweet. Did you install it yourself? Nice job on the Garage Door Clearance! I'm jealous too! :rolleyes::headbang:

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those DirectLifts are fairly decent for the price. I've had mine since April and it is worth every penny.

Here is a tip on the door/ceiling height. You can see in the picture that he has the garage door raised up to the ceiling, not sure if the opener is on the ceiling or wall mounted. In my situation I could have gained perhaps another foot by raising the door tracks and getting a wall mounted opener. A fair amount of expense for that 12"

However, you probably don't really need to raise the door all the way open. In my case I only need 4.5' at most to get either car into the garage . The opener has a stop setting on it for the open position. I was able to adjust it to stop when it is open about 4.5'. That leaves room at the ceiling for the roof of the upper car to tuck in between the door and the opener motor.

Hope that explains it. I gain a few more inches and that allow it to all work out.

OP
OP
R

Randomaccess

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet! Do I hear oil changes at your place:D

Sure... I'll host an oil change party!

Im jealous. You're gonna love it no doubt! :)

Definitely! More cost effective than renting storage for the winter.

:omg::omg::omg: Is that a Direct Lift Pro Park 8S with the Gold ANSI/ALI ALCTV - 2006 Certificate. Sweet. Did you install it yourself? Nice job on the Garage Door Clearance! I'm jealous too! :rolleyes::headbang:

It is! I had someone pick up from the shipping terminal, deliver and install. They won't truck it directly to residential... And you need a forklift to unload. It was worth it to pay the guy to do the install... Make sure it's done right.

Nice. Did you paint the floor?

Composite vinyl tile. That I did install myself.

Those DirectLifts are fairly decent for the price. I've had mine since April and it is worth every penny.

Here is a tip on the door/ceiling height. You can see in the picture that he has the garage door raised up to the ceiling, not sure if the opener is on the ceiling or wall mounted. In my situation I could have gained perhaps another foot by raising the door tracks and getting a wall mounted opener. A fair amount of expense for that 12"

However, you probably don't really need to raise the door all the way open. In my case I only need 4.5' at most to get either car into the garage . The opener has a stop setting on it for the open position. I was able to adjust it to stop when it is open about 4.5'. That leaves room at the ceiling for the roof of the upper car to tuck in between the door and the opener motor.

Hope that explains it. I gain a few more inches and that allow it to all work out.

I have 12 foot ceilings. I had a garage guy install a high lift setup with a torsion spring and jackshaft garage door opener