Christmas party this weekend!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

We will be doing the layout for the weekend as we did last year and doing gocarts on 1 day (Dec 11) and having a nice club dinner the next day (Dec 12). On Saturday, December 11, we will meet at 10:45am at:

Malibu GrandPrix
5400 Brook Hollow Pkwy.
Norcross, GA 30071
(770) 416-7630

We will once again have unlimited gocarts, GrandPrix cars and putt-putt golf to enjoy[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] from 11am-3pm
! We will also receive some arcade game tokens as well. As usual, there will be no monetary cost for members to attend, but there is a "cover charge" of at least one new unwrapped toy for a child. The toys will be donated to a children's hospital in time for Christmas. If you do not bring a toy, the cover charge is $20/person, which will be spent to buy toys to be donated to the hospital. If you want lunch, Malibu does serve food, but it will be each member's responsibility to pay for their own food.

On the next day, Sunday the 12th, we will be eating dinner at:

Fado Irish Pub & Restaurant
273 Buckhead Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30305
(678) 973-4682

We will have reserved parking right outside the front of the restaurant as we did last year. We will meet at Fado's at 5:45pm. It will be a cash bar for alcoholic drinks but the food and non-alcoholic drinks will be handled by the Club!

We will also be doing a "White Elephant" gift exchange on Saturday while we are at Malibu. If you are unaware of how a White Elephant gift exchange works, let me know and I'll be happy to explain it. Everyone is welcome to participate, but it is not required. Please note that the gift for a children's hospital IS required (or pay a $20/per person cover charge).

If you have any more questions about the weekend, please let me know!

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you still thinking Wild Bills on Sat night?
Anybody that is going and getting a hotel out that way, where are you staying that's safe for our cars?
I go to Atlanta a good bit, but always stay in Buckhead or Midtown. I don't know anything about the Gwinnett area and I know it's not the best neighborhood anymore.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you still thinking Wild Bills on Sat night?
Anybody that is going and getting a hotel out that way, where are you staying that's safe for our cars?
I go to Atlanta a good bit, but always stay in Buckhead or Midtown. I don't know anything about the Gwinnett area and I know it's not the best neighborhood anymore.

I'm good with whatever. If we make Wild Bill's, great. If not, I'll live with that too :) As for a hotel, its a couple in Gwinnett where you should be fine. If you want to stay in Buckhead instead, you'll only be 15 mins away

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm kind of thinking of where to stay in terms of going out. I prefer to stay as close to where I'll be drinking as possible. :)
If people are planning on Wild Bills, I'll try to stay near there. If we would rather go out "in town", I'll get a place in Buckhead and we can do that.
Driving to and from Malibu, I'm not worried about the distance. Just trying to see what people are thinking as far as Sat night.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
The forecast for this weekend is showing a 30% chance on rain on Saturday. Combine that with the temps and the gocarts would be miserable. Unless the forecast changes in the next day or 2, we will reschedule the gocarts for a time AFTER Christmas. The dinner on Sunday evening will remain the same, unless the weather REALLY takes a turn for the worse. A decision about the gocarts will be made on Thursday, so watch your email for further updates. Feel free to call me if you have any questions.
[/FONT]

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper