Chrysler employees drinking & smoking *** on lunch break

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh boy :(....got Fox News on right now and a news reporter busts a group of Chrysler employees on their lunch break drinking and smoking *** under a tree.

As the employees scurry away, the reporter keeps asking the group "you gonna go build cars now?" :rolaugh:

Although it was funny to watch, it really is a sad commentary on why our cars quality control is what it is.

Personally I would drug test any employee whose job can effect my customers well being.....damn the unions and their B.S.

Cheers,
George

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya just saw it too... must have been the crew that scuffed n buffed my viper... had to do it my self after paying for a 100k car... ******** need thier ass kicked

RogerDodger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought a brand new 2005 Chrysler Pacifica for my wife. It has been 5+ years of misery, with a laundry list of problems. :(

Currently awaiting resolution from Chrysler regarding motor mounts. Just gone for the second time in 5 years. Dealer wants $605 to replace them this time.

Simple internet search indicates a number of people suffering - just like us.

I think the video reveals the shift that built our car.

Very sad to see.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Personally I think that the Gov. should pass $350 fines for drinking and smoking *** and cancell all speeding fines. New reveue for the Gov and something that would increase safety for our countries. Speeding tickets don't make things any safer except for big speeding tickets. Tofors, Toyota Prius's and other small cars should be banned from the roads, not fine hp quality cars like the Viper (that stops in under 100' from 60mph). That would also make our roads safer than handing out 5mph speeding tickets!!!

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
GREAT! That's just what the **** we need right now where we're against the goddamn ropes. Fire the ********!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GREAT! That's just what the **** we need right now where we're against the goddamn ropes. Fire the ********!

I don't think that Chrysler is allowed to fire anyone. Only the union can do that I think? Suspended Indefintely without pay might be considered Fired?

It's not the Conner Assy plant so there is no affiliation with Vipers at all.

Another thing to consider is that the painting of Vipers is "farmed out" to Saleen (builders of Saleen Mustangs, Foose Fords and the S7s. Stripes etc are done at Prefect.

Paint can only be considered a Dodge issue as they accepted the inferior work from their suppliers, not work they did themselves. The plant tour also explained that all the Viper employees were "special" and the best that UAW has.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Of course this NEVER happens at Ford or GM, right?

WE can always drive to 20% of North American Chrysler plants here in canada to check that out (OK, I meant Ontario). GM is about the same at 20%. But Ford has reduced their presence in Canada to only 7% so I guess it would depend where they situated all those extra 13% of plants to make Cdn cars? Mexico the smoke a lot of ***, don't they?

Ted

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
come to think of it--- you have good stoners and bad stoners- maybe they need to **** the bad ones out....:rolaugh:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad publicity for Chrysler but:

1. I challenge any plant that has over 2000 employees to show that it does not have a small group within its employee ranks who indulge in the same type of behavior.

2. A quart of beer at lunch is basically the same as a large glass of wine at lunch or a small martini assuming some food consumption. How many executives, Chrsyler or otherwise. do that?

3. The NEWS show will not stop the behavior because they cannot booze test and drug test every employee before reentering the plant after lunch.

4. So what can they do? Assuming the union contract allows same, abusing employees should be given a choice of suspension and rehab or termination. Going forward, managers at the plant, assuming that they are booze/drug free, should be trained in detecting walking/gait/ speech changes indicating impairment. They could then do a quick inspection after lunch and if certain symptoms were present, including alcohol breath, call for someone to have the person take a breathalyzer test. If drugs are found, the police should be called.

5. All of the vehicles upon which the men identified in the video worked should be reinspected if still at the plant and recalled for inspection if they have left the plant.

6. The ones who drove Ford and GM products should receive 30 lashes. LOL.

7. Hopefully, the coworkers of these men will not think what they did was funny and use peer pressure to discipline them and deter others from the same absurdly stupid, selfish acts.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
B-n-I - too funny (no smileys avail)

Bob, they could be like the BC Gov. 1 Beer equal about .05 in a breathalizer equals Impaired Driving, lose you car, thousands of dollars in fines and penalties, insurance peanalties. 1 glass of wine for a smaller person or a couple glasses of wine for someone over 200#.

As far as the Potheads, ,,,,,,,,, well ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, umm ,,,,,,,,,, well ,,,,,,,,,,,, uh, what were we talking about again? duh?

Ted

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
aaahhh,,,Big deal..Thats everywere from the guy that fixes your toilet to the huys that build your car..

hell I did a short career at a school and you would be surprised as hell how many of the teachers smoke *** during lunch and then come back and educate your kids..LOL..

And this was a 1500$ a month private school...LOL

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Years ago (and it still may be true in places) nearly all manufacturing plants in Germany had beer machines--like soda machines but filled with Augustiner, and the like. I remember taking plant tours and seeing dozens of such machines. This is not really a big deal.

Furthermore as much as I have been pi$$ed off with paint issues on post Gen 2 Vipers, (which typically show up months after release in my experience)I don't think we can blame CAAP folks for this, and it is a shame for anyone to relate this story to Viper. There is no connection, and the CAAP folks who took great pride in these cars would be rightfully offended.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Years ago (and it still may be true in places) nearly all manufacturing plants in Germany had beer machines--like soda machines but filled with Augustiner, and the like. I remember taking plant tours and seeing dozens of such machines. This is not really a big deal.

Furthermore as much as I have been pi$$ed off with paint issues on post Gen 2 Vipers, (which typically show up months after release in my experience)I don't think we can blame CAAP folks for this, and it is a shame for anyone to relate this story to Viper. There is no connection, and the CAAP folks who took great pride in these cars would be rightfully offended.

the caap finish in paint *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it is CAAP finish--- they buff the cars DONT they? they ****!! iv had 2 cars------ some employees need a swift kick in the ass... and who inspected these cars... blind people?