Chuck Tator Featured in Wards Dealer Business Magazine

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it is sad that chrysler treat tator dodge like a redheaded stepchild.

Tator’s Dodge sponsors a Viper rally each spring at the dealership. There were 137 Vipers at the 2004 rally and 85 in 2005. The 2007 rally was postponed because Chuck Sr. was seriously ill, but he has recovered to the point where his son has tentative plans to hold a rally in May.

sounds like tator MIGHT be thinking of the BBQ at tator dodge again though and thats great.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck - You can count on the support of EVERY Viper owner across the country and abroad.
Let us know what we can do to help in any way.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, your fights are our fights! And we pack a lot of venom!

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, what can we do to show our support for you?

Will a letter writing campaign help or should we have a Viper rally up to Tators?

Whatever you need, we will be there for you!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, I want to help...what can I do? Do I need to have some of my relatives pay DC a visit or what? :D

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, interesting read. I had no idea Tators was such a small dealership and that much of his business was Viper Service. If there was nobody like Tator's within 4 hours of me where I could take my Viper if I had a serious problem I do not think I would have bought a Viper. Chuck sells more Vipers than he knows. He has helped me out many times on the phone and is an invaluable resource. I just wish he was a little closer so I could use him for ALL my problems, big or small.

Just let us know whatever you need Chuck, we are all behind you. :2tu: :usa:

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You ALL for your continuing support!!:cool: Lets just see if cerberus is looking for a black eye in their PR department?:eater:

Very nice article [a couple of miss quotes, one, they want $240,000!] and Herbert Shuldiner who interviewed me is VERY knowledgeable of the automotive industry and a nice guy too. Thnaks Herb!:2tu:

Shooting lessons given everyday at 3:00!:lmao:

Last edited:

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chuck, I will give you the same answer you have always given me. "If there is ANYTHING that I can do to help please don't hesitate to ask." :)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rock:Chuck--can't say anything that the others have not said...you need anything at ALL from us, you name it, you've got it. Frank/AgentF1 really said it best "Chuck sells more Vipers than he knows...all because he's willing to help anybody out who has a problem...simply call him up...he's THAT accessible. Our undying gratitude for your years of service and your valuable advice. :notworthy: Thank You. ~juli

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a sadness to the read. It truly saddens me to read of the troubles of someone who has become a friend over the last 6 years. Someone who TRULY puts the interest and needs of his customers before his own. Forget buying a Viper, the ownership experience for hundreds if not thousands of VCA members would be HUGELY adversely affected if Tator's Dodge were "phased out" by the "new"
Chrysler.

Chuck's predicament is simply disgusting. It's corporate greed and small mindedness at it worst!

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chuck, I will give you the same answer you have always given me. "If there is ANYTHING that I can do to help please don't hesitate to ask." :)

Ditto!!!

oh, off topic............ somewhat:

Great Michael Strahan quote:
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face"

Chris1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea, Cerberus is the flavor of the month now for how long; jack-azzas don't know the first thing about Customer Service and what it's like to provide quality service. Chuck and his staff are top notch and shouldn't be treated this way. We'll support you anyway we can. I still love his "pistol polishing" story on the counter when a regional corporate stiff came in to pay him a visit a while back; classic............long live Tator's...........

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never met the man in person but certainly has been a "Wizard" for me over the phone and via emails. He called me at work once in regards to some small part I was looking for.....we talked for a half hour. If my car ever needs anything major I'll ship it to New York.

Here's an idea: Anybody that is going to buy a new Chrysler product, buy it from Chuck. Do you think it would help??

Any other ideas?

PS: I bought a Tator BBQ shirt through the mail from the last one he had and wear the heck out of it. I always get a ton of questions about it.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, if you're ever short of money to fight the d*mn greedy a$$holes that seem to rule all but a few companies nowadays, let me know where I send my money. You're exactly right with all your words, it's a bloody shame that no one but a very small number of people seems to care anymore.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there no respect for the BEST service anywhere? If it was easy for all of us Viper owners to have our cars serviced by Chuck , we would ALL have our cars serviced by Chuck.

Let us know what wecan do to let our voices be heard.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You ALL for your continuing support!!:cool: Lets just see if cerberus is looking for a black eye in their PR department?:eater:

Very nice article [a couple of miss quotes, one, they want $240,000!] and Herbert Shuldiner who interviewed me is VERY knowledgeable of the automotive industry and a nice guy too. Thnaks Herb!:2tu:

Shooting lessons given everyday at 3:00!:lmao:

uh,oh. Watch out..:lmao:... Seriously Chuck. Let us know what we can do to help

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never met the man in person but certainly has been a "Wizard" for me over the phone and via emails. He called me at work once in regards to some small part I was looking for.....we talked for a half hour. If my car ever needs anything major I'll ship it to New York.
Here's an idea: Anybody that is going to buy a new Chrysler product, buy it from Chuck. Do you think it would help??
Any other ideas?
PS: I bought a Tator BBQ shirt through the mail from the last one he had and wear the heck out of it. I always get a ton of questions about it.

Mark: VERY cool of you to support Chuck by buying that TatorToga t-shirt!!! Awesome design isn't it? (Designed by none other than DamnYankee) You just reiterated what Chuck is known for...his diligence and willingness to help others no matter WHERE they are. KUDOS to you for your support! :headbang: ~juli

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge/Chrysler's customer service was questional at best. The only shining light were people and dealerhips like Chuck and Tator's Dodge. If they continue to push Tator's to the side, it will be an indication on where the company is going, down hill into the depths of failure. Chuck's team and his delaership are the model of what all others should strive to be. Informative, insightful, helpful, efficient.............. It doesn't get any better than that group of people.

Chrysler should be using Tator's (in all their trade magazines and circulars) as the example that all others should follow. He has the knowledge, history, capability that no other dealership possesses. I would love to say that Wards magazine is enough to put the light on this problem, but I doubt this is the case.

This situation needs to garner national attention and if there is anybody in the Viper community that can help get the word out, I would emplore you to help spread it out. Otherwise, I believe that not only Tator's Dodge, but possibly the whole corporation could be gone in a matter of a few years. There is such a thing as cutting too much.

Good luck Chuck and hang in there! :usa::usa::usa::usa:

Last edited:

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tator's is the only Dodge dealer that I get parts from, and the customer support is above and beyond any other dealer by far.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck.....

You got the UK's support!!!!!!!! where do you want us..........

Agrred that DC should be using yourself and your dealership as an advert in how dealerships should be run ...

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a suggestion.

First and foremost, Viper owners usually support other Chrysler products as well. I propose we find out either from Tator or from Chrysler:

1. Who exactly is trying to shut Chuck down and/or

2. Who is responsible for leaving Chuck alone so he can do business.

Once we know who those people are and their contact information we should ALL write letters of support and our loyalty for Chuck to that/those people and maybe even call. EVERY VCA MEMBER ON THIS BOARD SHOULD DO THAT. We should also let them know that shutting Chuck down will have a very negative affect on Viper sales/support/service for the entire New England/New York/New Jersey area (and hell, if that happens we just might have to buy Vettes in this area). We should do these letters/calls asap!

Last edited:

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is pretty clear the entire world-wide VCA membership is behind Chuck and his service oriented dealership. We would all welcome the opportunity to support Tator's Dodge in any way possible.
PAvenom RT/10

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, if you're ever short of money to fight the d*mn greedy a$$holes that seem to rule all but a few companies nowadays, let me know where I send my money. You're exactly right with all your words, it's a bloody shame that no one but a very small number of people seems to care anymore.

I agree, this is a cause I would be more than happy to contribute to. All the free phone help I have received this is the least I could do.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a suggestion.

First and foremost, Viper owners usually support other Chrysler products as well. I propose we find out either from Tator or from Chrysler:

1. Who exactly is trying to shut Chuck down and/or

2. Who is responsible for leaving Chuck alone so he can do business.

Once we know who those people are and their contact information we should ALL write letters of support and our loyalty for Chuck to that/those people and maybe even call. EVERY VCA MEMBER ON THIS BOARD SHOULD DO THAT. We should also let them know that shutting Chuck down will have a very negative affect on Viper sales/support/service for the entire New England/New York/New Jersey area (and hell, if that happens we just might have to buy Vettes in this area). We should do these letters/calls asap!

I agree, Chuck has been there for all of us and we WILL rally beside him if needed.
go chuck:2tu:
DC....are you ready this thread!...get the point!!!

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still have the email addys from the SRT chat the other night of the big wheels at Cerebus. I am going to drop them a line. PM me if you want them...............I don't want ot post them here as there may be some people that use them for their own (bad) use.........like those terrible Vette owners. :)

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, this is a cause I would be more than happy to contribute to. All the free phone help I have received this is the least I could do.
We might want to consider a legal fund of some sort for Chuck. After all, he is going up against Cerebus, all by himself. All while visiting his Dad in the hospital just about daily. The legal fund is the least we can do.

I am deff in.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62