Clear Bra Installer

Earl

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good installer of ventureshield or 3m clear bra in the Chicago area?

Thanks

G

Gotvenom 08

Call Tim Kirlin #630 669 7033 He has done alot of vipers for the Illinois crew,including mine.He does great work.

The company name is called The Plastic Surgeons
7725 S.Grant St.
Burr Ridge,Illinois 60527

Email [email protected]

He uses venture shield.

Tim

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know if ClearBra can be applied to Gen 1 side sills?

Yes, Tim did my side sills too. He did a nice job on my Gen 1. Don't distract him and constantly look for places behind him (after he is done with a part) where it isn't sticking or there is a bubble and make sure he takes car of those places before he leaves. If you are in Chicago, he is available for help afterward if any areas come up a bit. On a Gen 1 you will have areas that come up because the car has so many curves. Especially in the front part of the side sills! He does a nice job and I recommend him.

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, Tim did my side sills too. He did a nice job on my Gen 1. Don't distract him and constantly look for places behind him (after he is done with a part) where it isn't sticking or there is a bubble and make sure he takes car of those places before he leaves. If you are in Chicago, he is available for help afterward if any areas come up a bit. On a Gen 1 you will have areas that come up because the car has so many curves. Especially in the front part of the side sills! He does a nice job and I recommend him.

How long was it on your sills before you sold the car? No issues with heat? Thanks

theviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure you want 3m Clear Bra? It has some orange peel issues.

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's not cheap, but does great work. About $800-$1100, depends on how far you want to go. I suggest I actually had him clearbra the painted area inside my wheel wells and the entire bottom of my back bumper. Also a good idea to do your sills.

I would assume you'd use the Venture Shield product, it's FANTASTIC and doesn't show orange peel as much as the older 3M stuff. These things hold up pretty well to yellowing in hot areas. Make sure you use Plexus on it since it helps protect against UV damage (he'll usually give you a free can of it and a microfiber cloth to maintain it). However, if you're putting this on a very light colored car that sits out in the sun a lot, expect that over a few years it'll definitely change color a bit. Also, avoid tire dressing on your tires, it'll eat up the exterior coating on the venture sheid product.

OP
OP
E

Earl

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback and advice. I'm going with the Venture Shield and have an appt. with Tim to have it applied in a couple of weeks. My viper is Black so hopefully this color accepts the treatment well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth