clutch and brake fluid

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what kind of clutch and brake fluid are you useing for the track---- do you use the same fluids in the brake and the clutch hydrolics?

Reaction score
Use the same fluids and the factory fluids are fine unless you are doing 30+ minute track sessions. Both of these need to be changed often anyway if you are driving hard.

OP
OP
B

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have 600 miles on my car and both clutch and brakes are getting dark- the last time out i felt the brakes fade a smidge but still performing well after about 15 minutes of hard brakeing. time to change i suppose- thanks mark

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive been doing:
clutch, once every couple years (i dont see any reason this would need to be changed frequently)
brakes, once before Every track event (MotulRBF600 or CastrolGT-LMA)

OP
OP
B

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the clutch fluid is allready after 600 trac miles getting tarnished, and i am a vet on useing a clutch, so no abuse there, im thinkin its gotta go too

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Motul 600.....:bonker:

In my case; running street tires and a stockish brake system there is no need for anything other than fresh decent fluid.
I would be foolish to waste my $$$ on the SRF

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my case; running street tires and a stockish brake system there is no need for anything other than fresh decent fluid.
I would be foolish to waste my $$$ on the SRF

This is going into his ACRX....

MADMAX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I vote Castrol SRF too - but having said that, I drive my snake 'hard' when I go to the track. ******* throttle - ******* brakes. My brakes never fail.

Depending on your driving/braking 'habits' (almost used the word 'skills' their but managed to hold back :D) you could think about intalling air ducting to remove some of that heat.

Get rid of that excess heat - it's doing no good down their. :drive:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62