Reaction score
Hi all

I would like to buy a code reader for my 2008 coupe

I found 2 in www.theviperstore.com

You must be registered for see images attach

and

You must be registered for see images attach

So what do u recommend ?

or there are some other readers that u recommend ?! for a high quality code reader ?

BTW, I am running Mopar PCM, I think it has nothing to do with it and it should work perfectly right ?!

Last edited:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you want/need. I carry cheap Harbor Freight CenTech readers in our Vipers...especially in 08 & 10. For about $50.00 they are quite handy...and work well.

After that, the sky is the limit...noting that I use a wiTECH at home for more serious situations...as well as a DRB III for Gen I, II, and III Vipers.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on what you want/need. I carry cheap Harbor Freight CenTech readers in our Vipers...especially in 08 & 10. For about $50.00 they are quite handy...and work well.

After that, the sky is the limit...noting that I use a wiTECH at home for more serious situations...as well as a DRB III for Gen I, II, and III Vipers.
Does the wiTECH not retro back to earlier model year vehicles?
I use the Snap-on VERUS for everything.
Does everything the OEM Chrysler tools do except for no access to the chassis system on the ZB platform (Viper) -for reprogramming the TPMS.
And no ability to reprogram the SKREEM on any Chrysler products as of yet.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Yes, there is a "DRB III Emulator" button on the later wiTECH screens. But, for me, it is easier to plug in the standard DRBIII for the older cars...noting that I already had it before the wiTECH came out.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks.

I have the VERUS because I think it is the most complete aftermarket scan tool available.
I service all makes including Euro and Asian stuff.
Also have a J2534 programmer for flashing.

Thinking about the wiTECH, but eventually the VERUS will be able to emulate it.
Software updates are every 6 months, and the tool noticeably improves with more capabilities with each update.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am confused here, can the wiTech DRBIII emulator reset the TPMS or not?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Peter, since I have always used the DRB III on Gen III & IV Vipers to manage the TPMS, I have not gotten around to trying this with the wiTECH just because the DRB seems a little less cumbersome. I suspect the wiTECH will now do everything necessary...though a glitch or two is occasionally discovered...as in the Mopar PCM thread.

Also, since we do not have a Gen V, I cannot even speculate on programming same. I should probably get a Gen V...just for testing, of course!! :)

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter, since I have always used the DRB III on Gen III & IV Vipers to manage the TPMS, I have not gotten around to trying this with the wiTECH just because the DRB seems a little less cumbersome. I suspect the wiTECH will now do everything necessary...though a glitch or two is occasionally discovered...as in the Mopar PCM thread.

Also, since we do not have a Gen V, I cannot even speculate on programming same. I should probably get a Gen V...just for testing, of course!! :)
My interest is in gen 4 although I suspect you should be able to use the same software on gen 5 as well. I have not looked closely into gen 5 but I bet the Viper still fails to use auto calibrating sensors, something that has been around for a while now. From the info I have seen, I actually doubt wiTech has the TPMS reset option. Nevertheless, I think you should purchase gen 5 ASAP, I think proving me wrong alone would be worth it:D

OP
OP
V

viper srt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks to all of u

I bought DELUXE" Engine OBDII - CANBUS from the viper store