Coming to the Woodward Dream Cruise early?

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Motor City Viper Owners are having a dinner on Thursday night, the 17th. If you you are a VCA member (or guest) you're invited to join us. Cost is $25 for the meal (ribs, chicken or boiled white fish). The location is Bennigan's Restaurant, just south of Square Lake Road on the east side of Woodward. We'll have some good fun, give-aways, a great meal and a fun cruise afterward. Everything starts at 6:00 pm.

Here are a couple of pictures from last year's event:

6594PICT0147-med.JPG

6594PICT0149-med.JPG

If you want to attend, please PM me asap because we have to turn in the food order this Saturday.

bloose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bruce, sorry I missed you guys this year. Perhaps I'll make it out Friday evening for a few hours. My 11 week old son makes it tough to get out much since I travel a lot for work.

I've driven in the cruise a few times in the past but it just isn't worth the gas and heat to sit there in a virtual parking lot.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few quick pics of the group of cars at Bennigans. Thanks everyone for a great evening. What a rush to see 4 lanes wide Vipers creeping down Woodward.

498100_2733-med.jpg

498100_2738-med.jpg

498100_2741-med.jpg

OP
OP
H

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, it was a great one! Forty-five Vipers of every age, shape and color!! We had Viper owners from five states, grinning from ear-to-ear about their Woodward experience.

659406_Woodward_3-med.JPG

We had great food (although the restaurant strained a little serving almost 80 of us). There was the renewal of acquaintances, swapping of the latest Viper tech info, and lots of bench racing!

659406_Woodward_9-med.JPG

Of course there were plenty of cars that could get out there and race. Among them are GTSnake's GTS (not showing you the nitrous bottle in this shot):

659406_Woodward_6-med.JPG

GR8 ASP's screaming Paxton SRT-10:

659406_Woodward_b-med.JPG

and Earl H's scarey strong turbo GTS:

659406_Woodward_7-med.JPG

As usual we had some fun give-a-ways.

659406_Woodward_12-med.JPG

But the most fun of the night was when we lined up in over ten rows of four cars wide and rumbled down Woodward in formation. Even at this crazy event where you see everything automotive you will ever see in your life, that Viper posse turned heads!

659406_Woodward_14-med.JPG

But in the end the magnitude of the event won out. After going bumper to bumper for over six miles, the other cruisers found their way into our midst and we had to break into smaller clusters.

659406_Woodward_13-med.JPG

What a terrific event! Great weather, good food, and the most fantastic car club in town. . .

659406_Woodward_2-med.JPG

:2tu: :nana: :2tu: :nana: :2tu: :nana: :2tu: :nana: :2tu: :nana: :2tu: :nana: :2tu: :nana: :2tu:

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We even met Barry McGuire. I wasn't fast enough on the camera trigger to get a shot. But he interviewed a few Vipers rolling past him.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I really wish I could have been there. I couldn't make it out Thursday, but I went to Bennigan's on Wednesday just for the heck of it to see if there were any early bird Vipers and I saw..... A pack of Vettes for a Vette club gathering AHHHHHHH!!!!!! I found myself in the enemy camp with no where to go... But I safely found the exit and escaped unharmed with only a few brutal verbal scars.

Anyone meeting anywhere on Friday or Saturday for a mini gathering?

OP
OP
H

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll all be out there, but as the intensity picks up over the last two days, it will be hard to meet up. Keep your eyes peeled and flag down every Viper you see -- we're all friendly! :cool:

OP
OP
H

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a couple of shots of part of the 45 Vipers we had rolling all together on Thursday night after the MCVO Pre-Cruise dinner. These were taken from Earl H's 800 hp twin turbo beast!

8464IMG_0137-med.JPG

8464IMG_0135-med.JPG

Way to go, Earl. :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave