Commuting Viper, dark nights, high beams...

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this has been brought up before, just wondering if anyone has found a "best" idea. With daylight savings my commute home is mostly in the dark and too many others have
1) Jeep/truck with HIDs that tailgate (and yes, too much traffic to get away)
2) Granny lost or can't see unless high beams are on (momentary problem)
3) 'ol two-eye has one up and one down headlight

You get the picture. So I was thinking of tinting the entire rear window, or getting a tinted plastic cover to hang over the rear view (flipping the lever doesn't do it for me since the image isn't centered in the mirror and depth perception seems to change) or a million dollar idea...

I bought some blue reflective tape and made a "high beam" icon on a clear plastic 4"x5" piece. I could put that in the rear window behind the driver's head and when someone gets too close or high beam on, it will reflect the high beam image- a polite, no batteries, automatic way to tell bozos what they are doing. I'm stalling on this because it may just encourage, rather than discourage excess lights.

Maybe a mirror-reflective cover on the rear window? Reflect high beams and provides tinting... Anyone have ideas?

109K and counting.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps more than you'd want to do.....

When I had my 03 Cobra as a daily car, I had a similar problem. I got an auto dimming rear view mirror from (I think) Gentex. You can get them to just auto dim, or with back up camera monitors, map lights, compass, etc.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i flash the on-comers

flip the adjust on the rear view quite often

then get back to enjoying driving my viper

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tinted the rear window pretty dark and that works VERY well with me at night. IF you choose I suppose you could have one back window for night and one for the day (one without tint and with tint). But the tint was a $25 fix for me and it happens to look good to ;)

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1, I know from experience that this works really well!
35% tint I think is what my Calibra's rear window had before those 4 idiots smashed it with a brick :mad:

I tinted the rear window pretty dark and that works VERY well with me at night. IF you choose I suppose you could have one back window for night and one for the day (one without tint and with tint). But the tint was a $25 fix for me and it happens to look good to ;)

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456