Cones are here!!!!

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cones for the Auto-X events arrived yesterday. Barb & I unloaded 300++ cones into my utility trailer. :omg:

Perhaps Steve can provide the picture he took when he came down to sort and count them!:2tu:

PBR

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:drive::2tu::2tu::2tu::drive:

You made Barb help, and you're still able to type???? I'm surprised you're not in a full body cast. :dunno:

How do you like how I was conveniently - I mean unfortunately - out of town when Steve called me to help out? :D

OP
OP
Y

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, we only had a 5 minute warning before the cones arrived, so she took pity on my old body and helped out.

Sometimes she is good that way!!:2tu:

PBR

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Paul now that you have seen all of the cones have you decide witch one will be your first victim?

We all know you are a cone killer!!

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the fact that they are color coded. I am hoping that will allow me to find my way around the autocross course without getting lost or running over too many cones. I tend to get lost easily and sometimes forget how to get out of a phonebooth.

I am really looking forward to having a Viper sized autocross track instead of the little skateboard sized ones so many people use.

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the fact that they are color coded. I am hoping that will allow me to find my way around the autocross course without getting lost or running over too many cones. I tend to get lost easily and sometimes forget how to get out of a phonebooth.

Funny you should mention that. That was exactly the idea! We're planning to use color & size to emphasize critical entry gates, "driver's choice" (i.e. leave it left or right), turn indicators, and start/stop boxes. I'm betting that it will be dramatically easier than "a sea of orange". Makes it a lot more fun for novices, and the experts probably won't notice or care.

I am really looking forward to having a Viper sized autocross track instead of the little skateboard sized ones so many people use.

Well, not to let the cat out of the bag or anything, but the course we ran at the Western Zone Rendezvous was about 280' wide x 580' long; the course I ran with 75 Corvettes in Portland last summer was 200' wide x 1000' long; and our first course is already laid out at 200' wide x 1200' long!

I downloaded the 300+ page SCCA Solo rulebook, and reviewed our design against their track guidelines. After a few minor tweaks, we're fully compliant (as far as I can tell). Instead of the usual 35-50 seconds to get around it, I'm guessing it's going to take 1:15 to 1:30 to complete it!

So, the course will be safe, fast, engaging --- a blast! And Oh Yes, Made for Vipers!!

:drive:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper