Congratulations Ron Adee...

PMUM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is straight out of the August Car & Driver:

Ron Adee teamed with brother Patrick this year, the '98 champ started and finished strong, but mid-Lap break problems took the edge off his overall effort.

"There were times when I'd break a little bit, then let off, then break again, and the peddle went right to the floor," said Adee. "I figured out a way to compensate for it, but it took a while to be confident again."

Although he had no real chance of catching Smith and Geswin, Adee finished the '01 tour with a rush, posting the quickest time in two of three Watkins Glen runs, and second quickest in the other. That was good enough to put the Illinois tool-and-die molding fabricator in a tie with Dennis Olthoff, and Adee got the second-place trophee on a tie-breaking system based on lap times throughout the event.

"That was the first time I've ever won a round," he said. "It feels almost as good as winning overall." Almost.

- Tony Swan, Car and Driver Magazine, August 2001.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a side note to "professionals" using their brakes less than "novices". Team Oreca, early on, noticed the need to switch from lead wheel balance weights to steel, as their drivers were generating enough heat to melt the lead weights off their WHEELS!

Watching professional racers heat their rotors to glowing has been a tradition long documented by many stunning photographs.

This is getting even more spectacular with the advent of carbon fiber brakes. You might remember it was a disintegrating carbon disc that took out one of the Oreca's from a major race.

brett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!!

Did they really spell brake that way? Seems fitting. Sounds like someone just put the FUN back in reFUNd.

If it fits you must acquit....

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, now we learn that Ron Adee is not happy with the brakes on his car, but all agree that he is an established driver and knows how to use brakes. Hmmmm, that is interesting.

Tom Weichert has complained to several people at Viper Days about how he's disappointed with the brakes on Sean Roe's old race car. I have even out braked him in my stock 97 GTS and seen him go off the track many times.

Also Larry Hampton who had this brake kit on his car had trouble the very first time it was used. Sean Roe personally flew out to meet him and fix the car.

OK, so Sean has told me there are 10 systems out there. Now this makes 4 out of 10 systems with unsatisfied customers. Hmmmm, 40 percent....

Jon 98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EXCELLENT post, Paul!

Talk about the proverbial smoking gun... This definitely ranks up there with Monica's stained dress and Nixon's White House tapes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth