Cool 2008 burnout photo ...

Crazy1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been searching the net again for info on the 2008 and found another mag who took the green car for some testing which he says no one is suppose to talk about until September 1st. A few comments he makes about the test are interesting see below, but I think this was probably due to a driver who doesn't know how to ease into the power and then hit it hard or I might even think with all the press beating on these cars it could even be due to bald tires (see cool attached photo the mag provided as a teaser)!!! With 600hp and all that torque even the mighty PS2's have no chance.

From features@motivemag - "We had one a couple weeks ago. We can't talk about driving impressions till September 1 but yes, it is *very* difficult to get it to hook up all that power. We'll have video, studio photography and more very soon.

Not to mention the one we had was one of the unique "snakeskin" green colored cars..."

Also just found this quote from 0-60 Mag responding to some morons in a VW forum that said the Viper cant handle (laugh) that I thought was interesting:

"It's funny that everyone thinks the Viper still can't handle. Yes, the first gen was a bit unstable, and when that was mixed with its core audience, it's no wonder that it adopted the name "widowmaker." But things have changed, the Viper is actually a real controlable car...you just need to know how to drive. We (0-60mag) reviewed it, and I think our opinion on it might surprise you. But guess ya just have to wait on that (damn embargos )

0-60 Magazine on stands 8/21 - tell a friend:)

for full size image go to - forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3391349

Attachments

• viper2.jpg
    viper2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 234

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456