Cool Stryker Red Video

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Datazz sliding backwards mmmm
The red interior in video is also great!
The start up and sound is boss.
The gaps especially the trunk... .?lol

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Datazz sliding backwards mmmm
The red interior in video is also great!
The start up and sound is boss.
The gaps especially the trunk... .?lol

The trunk doesn't appear to be fully closed. Strangely enough this has been a common "problem" where I've seen many new vipers on display with the trunk not fully closed. When I looked at a few in person, people seem to struggle getting it to close all the way because the trunk panel is so light!

stingray23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That color is sooooo beautiful. If I could change one thing about the new viper, it would be the gaps. Way too big for a car this expensive. Otherwise, I love it.

OP
OP
M

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The trunk doesn't appear to be fully closed. Strangely enough this has been a common "problem" where I've seen many new vipers on display with the trunk not fully closed. When I looked at a few in person, people seem to struggle getting it to close all the way because the trunk panel is so light!

I'm not sure why all the trunks look like that. We went from this...

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

...to what we are constantly seeing in videos and pictures. Hard to imagine that no one knows how to close the trunk. And this gap travels all the way to the window. It is as if the mold they are producing this piece from is faulty.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactley, I don't believe the trunk is not closed all the wayd thing issue! It's not rocket science you know how to close a trunk and it should stay closed especially for 100grands+ car!!

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The gap is fine when the trunk is properly closed; but closing the trunk takes a bit of effort because it's made from carbon fiber and is light as a feather. You actually have to give it a good shove downwards before it latches completely. I'm pretty sure that a lot of people are being gentle with it, and that causes it not to close all the way.

Killer33

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The gap is fine when the trunk is properly closed; but closing the trunk takes a bit of effort because it's made from carbon fiber and is light as a feather. You actually have to give it a good shove downwards before it latches completely. I'm pretty sure that a lot of people are being gentle with it, and that causes it not to close all the way.

I agree 100%. You have to close with even pressure and give it a firm slam or you will see a gap.

Voice of Reason

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed with the last two posters. I feel like I'm slamming the trunk to get it to close, otherwise it doesn't latch all the way down. This one takes more force than any other car I've owned.

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree 100%. You have to close with even pressure and give it a firm slam or you will see a gap.

Agreed with the last two posters. I feel like I'm slamming the trunk to get it to close, otherwise it doesn't latch all the way down. This one takes more force than any other car I've owned.

Yes, it really does take a lot of effort to get the trunk closed. I've seen several vipers sitting in showrooms with the trunks cracked open. I know it sounds silly, but check it out for yourselves.....

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trunk absolutely looks popped! At the end of the video as the car pulls away it looks much much better.

iwantoneiwantoneiwantone!

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I saw several production Vipers at a dealer and at ALM Laguna Seca, the gaps looked fine. Bigger than other gaps between panels, because it opens and closes. But nothing close to those pictures. To me it's a non-issue.

The tire-fender gaps were smaller on the Viper than the gaps that I measured on a Ferrari F458. Although I think they both would benefit from being lowered, that gap is also fine. I will be investing in some lowering springs, once they've been proven out and someone has track tested them. I'd be happy if the Viper were lowered just a little (1/2 to 3/4"), not so much that it's impractical.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prosperitymirra