Coronado Speed Classic SoCal Club (pics)

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great day and a great turnout! I took some pics but I am bummed that they did not turn out too well. Smudge on the lens and I didn't notice until I got home. I have more pics, but they will have to wait until I can upload to a server.

It started out a bit of a grey day. But there were an impressive number of us that showed. The shear number of us going down the freeway was insane. I couldn't get a picture good enough to show just how awesome it was.
101302-1.jpg

This event is held on a military airstrip. When you arrive, you are immediately greeted with American firepower.
101302-2.jpg

A different kind of American firepower, the Axis Twin Turbo Viper owned by Jason Tarnutzer.
101302-4.jpg

101302-5.jpg

101302-6.jpg

101302-7.jpg

101302-8.jpg

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill Lundeen:
Great pics. Thanks for sharing them.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he said ^^^
cool.gif

OP
OP
U

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Any info on that GT-40 (kit)?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry City. I lost my notes...I think I lost them when I was taking a picture of the Mercedes Gullwing
laugh.gif

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ulysses. Good to finally meet you, and thanks for the picts.
39 Vipers made the event, and 58 signed up for the lunch.(Sorry about the food. The focaccia sandwitches were a little lame, but the double fudge brownies were great.)
Twin Turbo Viper was a hit. Still getting sorted out. Seeing the vintage GT-40 racing against the McLarens was a hoot, as well as the 3 Cobra's duking it out. Great racing. The open pits had some amazing cars, ranging from BMW's to Racing Jags, Trans Am cars, even a few Curtis', and a fantastic black Allard. Francois Gastang (One of the original 4 Viper Founders), raced his galant chrysler. The sound of the Birdcage Masaratti's, the Ferrari V-12's and the American V-8's made my soul sing.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome pictures,however, "WHOS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE THUMBPRINT ON THE LENSE?!" J/K
laugh.gif

Seriously tho' Those are some beautiful pictures posted.

Thanks Ulysses,

Jay K.

Greg W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uly,

Thanks for the pics. I had relatives in town with no interest in seeing the better things in life. Thought maybe I could sneak away, but the wife got wise... Next year.

OP
OP
U

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Great Pictures, Did the vipers compete? How did they do?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! The Vipers did not compete. Classics only.