Correct tire pressure for 19" on gen1

Pry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just bought a set of 19" CCW SP16a wheels with 355/25r19 and 285/30r19 Pirelli PZero Rosso tires for my gen1.
What is the correct pressure for these tires?
The manual says 35 psi for the original 17" tires.

Here's the pics:
You must be registered for see images

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Very Excellent Color Choice!!!

Are the side and rear lights the standard for Euro Vipers?
How do you unlock the trunk?

As for the tire pressure, someone with a newer model that had 19" wheels will have a good answer. The car weight has stayed about the same.

Have fun with it!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Don't know about your PZeros....but ALL Viper tires from 1996 through 2009 have a recommended tire pressure of 29 psi.

It's true that the old Michelin XGT-Z's used on 92-95's did have a recommended pressure of 35 psi.

When in doubt, call Luke at TireRack or JonB at Parts Rack.

OP
OP
P

Pry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A Very Excellent Color Choice!!!

Are the side and rear lights the standard for Euro Vipers?
How do you unlock the trunk?

As for the tire pressure, someone with a newer model that had 19" wheels will have a good answer. The car weight has stayed about the same.

Have fun with it!
The European Chrysler Viper's had side markers and a rear fog light as standard.
My car is an US model so I had to install them by myself. I think my side markers are from euro gen2 and the rear fog light isn't a Dodge part. I think it's meant to be used on a trailer or something.
The trunk is a bit tricky and I haven't actually worked it out yet. I have tried to find a flip down bracket. An electric trunk release or a shorter plate would be another option.
My rear plate is located a bit left of center so I can open the trunk. Looks stupid though.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you wired the extra rear fog light to what the Americans call the "mystery switch?"

You can see on my image to the left that I put a sticker next to my license plate. May I suggest a Nurburgring sticker (to commemorate the 7:22 lap time) on the right side of yours to balance the visual? Here is an example:

[media]http://asianguywithacamera.com/images/2009events/052409_CSD_Show/images/234.jpg[/media]

It is from this car:
[media]http://asianguywithacamera.com/images/2009events/052409_CSD_Show/images/229.jpg[/media]

OP
OP
P

Pry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So you wired the extra rear fog light to what the Americans call the "mystery switch?"

You can see on my image to the left that I put a sticker next to my license plate. May I suggest a Nurburgring sticker (to commemorate the 7:22 lap time) on the right side of yours to balance the visual? Here is an example:

[media]http://asianguywithacamera.com/images/2009events/052409_CSD_Show/images/234.jpg[/media]

It is from this car:
[media]http://asianguywithacamera.com/images/2009events/052409_CSD_Show/images/229.jpg[/media]
I had to replace the mystery switch with another one. Couldn't work out how all the wirings are supposed to work on the original switch. So the mystery of the original switch still remains.

Another option for the right side of the plate could be a finnish green party "Vihreät - De Gröna" poster. It is a green car after all.

ollikoi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No hemmet.. Katoin kuvaa ja huomasin että autohan on suomen kilvissä :)
Hienoa !!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth