corsa cat back question for those who have it?

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 3 inch diameter corsa cat back system installed on my car and i believe that the tips of the exhaust system do not extend far enough back in relation to the rear of the car. if anyone who has a corsa catback system could please post up pix of their catback system i would appreciate it. a exhaust level pic from the side of the car would be most helpful. when looking at my exhaust tips from this angle they angle towards the ground slightly and stop short from the very back of the car by 4.25 inches when measured from the upper most part of the exhaust tip to the very rear of the bumper. needless to say i get too much exhaust residue on the back of my car from this. is anybody else experiencing this problem with their corsa system? if nobody on here has pix to post please let me know how far the very end of your corsa exhaust system is in relation to the very back of your car. thanx

kgrif

Viper Owner
Reaction score
don't know how to post a pic but I measured and measuring from the bottom of the exhaust tip back to the bottom of the exhaust opening it is 6"" and the pipes also rests on the aluminum brace at the bottom of the opening.

OP
OP
F

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanx for the replies. i get the same measurements as you kgrif. my exhaust looks like it is in the same exact location as the pix u submitted of your car there cmilviper. so everything looks to be installed right. so do u guys get alot of exhaust residue building up on the back of your cars between car washes like i do. i see exhaust build up on the back of my car in as little as 100 miles of driving.

tzoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed the 3" system with the Random Tech hi flo cats a couple of years ago, right after the 3" system was released by Corsa. I probably have about 3000 miles on it now. Don't notice any unusual residue from the exhaust system. What you may be seeing is the typical backwash of road grim/dust that is typical on most vehicles...seems to collect fairly heavy, compared to the rest of the car, along the back of most cars, including the Viper. I believe the Corsa system is engineered to some fairly high tolerances and standards. Hard to imagine your's fits any different than mine or the other umteen hundred systems that have been purchased and installed. Hope you enjoy yours...mine sure sounds great and the tips are impressive.

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 1/8 on the top and 6 1/4 on the bottom. I agree that these things seem to attrack road dust even just a short trip around the block and the plate area is covered along with the bumper :( no exhaust though.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before I installed the Corsa 3" and RT hi-flow cats the back of my "silver" car would get NASTY after a 20+ mile drive, but it was just that "road-dust" as I call it all over the rear end. It is no different now that the different exhaust system has been installed. The Z-06 did it too, must be the wideness of the a$$ end and the vacuum cleaner like vortec that is produced. Light colored cars really show off this black dust (I guess if it was exhaust related it would be "sooty" and smear).

The one problem that I do have is the same as kgrif and that is the pipes resting on the metal strip. It seems to want to rest on this piece and "pull" on the facia opening.

BlackVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Freddy,

Here are a couple of pics of my 3" Corsa setup. I just had them installed this week, so I cannot give you a fair assessment of the dust factor. (The rear bumber was dirty before changing the exhaust and I am still waiting on my latest shipment from Zano)

I measured 4" from the back of the bumper to the tips:

450Corsa.JPG

Note the rear mufflers only have about 2 inches to move backwards any further:

450Corsa4.JPG

The pipes are resting on the cross bracket, as mentioned in a previous post:

450Corsa3.JPG

OP
OP
F

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanx for the pix blackvenom. my vipers exhaust sytem is installed just like yours 2 so everything appears to be correct. i know alot of the excessive amount of exhaust residue i get on the back of the car is from the hard breaking i do which throws oil from the valve cover vent into the airbox breather which causes my car to run rich when i accelate hard. so i need to ditch the factory breather system and create something new that will stop this problem.

Red Mist Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Freddy,

I had the 3-inch Corsa put on my '02GTS about a month ago. I drove it around for a few weeks then put the car back in storage. I did not notice any exhaust residue. The pictures provided by Venom look very much, if not exactly, like my set up. Additionally, the directions stated the exhaust system is supposed to rest on the metal bar.

I did a lot of homework prior to my purchase and Corsa does what I want...I really like the way it sounds. I have noticed a metal, almost a rusty rattle, sound from the exhaust when I push in the clutch to up shift. I'll have it checked out later.

Enjoy your new sound.