Corsa tips touching rear fascia opening...

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my Corsa cat-back installed, but the tips are sitting a little low in the rear fascia opening...

You must be registered for see images

The bottom of the pipes are sitting on the bottom of the rear fascia opening...

You must be registered for see images

I've sent pictures of the installation to Corsa and they said that it was all good, except that the pipes should not be touching the rear fascia opening :smirk:.

The front most part of the rear muffler assembly is attached via the center mounting bracket and the rear most part of it (the rear muffler assembly) is attached via the lateral adjustment bar, neither of which has any vertical adjustments :(.

Has anybody else run into this issue? How did you solve it?

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's odd, mine hit the top of the opening. I ordered the exhaust trim plate from PartsRack.com because I couldn't adjust the height...

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very simple to fix, its a very common issue on just about every exhaust out there. Had a friend that owned a muffler shop and he gave the the secret of the trade. Take a long bar/broom stick/etc stick it into the exhaust far as it will go, then just gently move it where you want it.

Do that several times and you are straight. Don't worry about damaging something or believing anyone that they can do it better.

PS. You can also loosen the connection to the rear exhaust section for even more adjustment, but from the looks of it you wont need it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets