OP
V

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Abso-frickin'-lutely.
Done it for the past 5 years.
Lots of fun.
This is the first year it has been opened up to all muscle cars in addition to the Corvettes & Vipers. Being I usually am the only Viper there it gets kind of lonely being booed by the crowd of Corvette lovers.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Abso-frickin'-lutely.
Done it for the past 5 years.
Lots of fun.
This is the first year it has been opened up to all muscle cars in addition to the Corvettes & Vipers. Being I usually am the only Viper there it gets kind of lonely being booed by the crowd of Corvette lovers.

I think I saw you there last year in your Viper if its a red srt convert? As a matter of fact I talked to the driver for a little while in the staging lanes, I was running my Z06 and watched a lot of racing as well and I don't remember hearing any boo's as most people like both cars from what I can tell.
I would like to see more vipers but it seems only the corvette guys ever run their cars at least the guys around the DC area.
Is there something this Sunday the 13th at Capitol going on as well?

Last edited:

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to make this, I bet the car collection there will be something to see. Love to see a zr1 in person.

I'm going to work on the family schedule and see if I can get there, plus been too long since making some track runs, overdue for the fun.

Do we need to do anything in advance in order to run? Like register or RSVP?

OP
OP
V

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I saw you there last year in your Viper if its a red srt convert? As a matter of fact I talked to the driver for a little while in the staging lanes, I was running my Z06 and watched a lot of racing as well and I don't remember hearing any boo's as most people like both cars from what I can tell.
I would like to see more vipers but it seems only the corvette guys ever run their cars at least the guys around the DC area.
Is there something this Sunday the 13th at Capitol going on as well?

Yes I am the red conv.
I actually was booed on my first run two years ago. I thought it was funny. I beat the z06 I was up against and it was cool from then on.
It is a great event. I have been attending it for about 15 years. I used to bring my Corvette but am having more fun with the Viper at the moment.
Hope to see you there.

OP
OP
V

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to make this, I bet the car collection there will be something to see. Love to see a zr1 in person.

I'm going to work on the family schedule and see if I can get there, plus been too long since making some track runs, overdue for the fun.

Do we need to do anything in advance in order to run? Like register or RSVP?

Nope. Just show up and be ready to have fun. You might need a helmet and no short pants.

OP
OP
V

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many runs do you normally get in?

It depends on the year. The lines seem to dissipate rather quickly and most of the attendees only make a couple of runs. I have been able to make 8 plus runs most years. You should be able to make as many runs as you want. :drive:

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a yellow genII there but couldn't find the driver as he wasn't running. A lot of vettes, and me, lol, well and there was a mustang, an Acura, and a truck ... and 75 vettes. It was a good day, vette guys were great, very welcoming, they even told me I was welcome to stay & run in the vette races. Made plenty of runs, pretty much one after the other if you wanted. I had trouble getting out of the hole, hitting 60' between 1.95 - 2.1 sec's. But clocked 11.7-11.8 on 4 runs, very consistent. I think the MPH gear was cooky. I ran a 11.82 @ 117 (huh), then 11.85 @ 124mph, then a guy in front of me ran a 11.24 @ 886mph, lol, the announcer was like, we have a new world record, lol.

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i got there right as the racing began i was hoping to get to see some vipers run but i guess i got there to late. what i did notice while i was watching the races was that either that track wasnt prepped to good or there where alot of new racers that day. the 60' fts just werent very good and the times seemed a little slow because of it. The fastest street cars were the c6 z06's and the fastest i saw one of them run was a 11.50. All in all a good event though. Made me even think to trade my 05 neon srt-4 for an 04 z06 thats at a local dealer.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Track prep was lousy, but it was a fun day. I could only avg 11.7s to 11.9s, with 60' time in the 1.98-2.1 range. My car is definitely up to 11.4s under the right conditions but that day wasn't it. The fastest I saw was a z06 i raced & he had track tires on the back, when we ran he went 11.66. Bugger was I think I was on my best run on that one & took him outta the hole, but my sweatty palm slipped of the ball knob going 2nd to 3rd, total dits move, still got thru with a 11.94 with the double clutch missed shift ... wish I had that run to do over. I got there right at 11am, got in 7 runs easy & that was with not pulling right back in the lanes on 2 runs, there moust have been like 150 vettes there, great turn out for their club, at one point us guys in the lanes were like hypnotized watching the half mile line of vette traffic coming in the gate. But I don't think there were more 25 cars racing. They invited me to stay for the actual bracket races, but I left to hook up with the family around 2pm. Great group of guys out there that day, very nice, even had a couple guys ask if they could do pics & were snapping shots of the car like crazy ... car guys are car guys, I admit I felt a little lonely out there at first, like I had bulls eye on me, but it didn't take long to feel at home.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth