OP
OP
M

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hoosier R6's.

295's in front and 345's in back.

It's a little tricky to get the car to rotate. A touch of trail braking will do it, or a little feathering of the throttle to help the back end move out a bit. The other method I was using was turning in a pinch earlier and getting the front tires to dig, off throttle, causing the whole car to slide a bit, the back more than the front, and by the time it was at the apex, it was rotated and ready to power out.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Boy was that fun to watch--great driving--looked to be on the edge a couple of times. I really appreciate being able to see how well these cars accelerate and handle. For an old chicken guy like me you provided a special treat--thanks so much--Dave

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome track, nice video. I thought I heard the R6s giving you some feedback......I run 'em too but I've never heard that sound from 'em. Maybe I'm not working them right or maybe the car's so frikkin' loud I can't hear it with the earplugs in and exhaust going. Question is, do the R6's talk to you like street tires will?

Thanks for posting the vid!

OP
OP
M

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks. I actually have a quicker vid posted here: http://vimeo.com/42179565

I'm with you on the R6's. The camera picks up alot more than I can hear in the car. With the helmet on, its VERY difficult, practically impossible to hear the R6's.

Street tires definitely give you WAY more audible feedback.

The only time the R6's seem to actually make noise is if you're in a bad spot, so it's not really helpful anyway. ie: lockup, coming into a corner sideways, etc...

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I'm glad I'm not going crazy (well, at least not for that reason).....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper