Crash! Need repair in Sacramento, CA

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I joined the crash club today. Some old guy in a truck drifted into my lane when making a right turn. I locked them up and slid into curb before hitting his right door. Police would not make a report but I do have two witnesses. Not that much damage but it sill breaks my heart. Here she is:

You must be registered for see images

Right wheel scraped and tires a little flat spotted. Right facia cracked, hood a bit cracked. mild scuff on mirror and rear wheel well.

I need a good repair facility in the Sacramento area. Anyone know a good one?? I have a track event on Sept 20th....

Next upgrade.....brakes

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff,
Contact Rick Kneissel at Utopia Auto Body in Sacramento off of Roseville Road.. They repaired my viper and it is perfect. Rick happens to be a Viper owner himself so he appreciates the our "finicky needs".

Stephen Yap

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, glad you were okay. I hope you get that fixed before Sep. 20. I met a Viper owner in your neck of the woods who has a Venom 650 with a flawless paint job. Email me and I will give you his contact info so you can ask him for some suggestions.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best wishes with repairs, wishing a speedy recovery, and that it all works out.

If your wheel scuffed the curb hard, then be sure to check for stress to the Ali A-arms, esp about the knuckles. They do not like any stress enforced on them, weakens them, and can hairline-crack beneath the coating (my experience). Shocked me to discover this, as the same suspension arms (different bushings) are worn by the GTSR's!

OP
OP
J

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice and sympathy. I am more depressed than **********. They guy was pretty old and I felt sorry for him but not as sorry as I feel for my snake! I just hope it can be fixed like new. I would prefer it if they can fix the hood then replace it. My current hood fits great. The fascia is cracked and I don't know if that can be repaired or needs replacement. I will check out Utopia. I had my Chevy K2500 repaired at Bertolucci's 9 years ago and they did a fantastic job. They are perfectionists, even noting that the factory had used a different color of pin striping on the tailgate (uninvolved in the accident) and replaced it to match the rest. I hope they have some Viper experience as they are very close to where I work. Both front wheels are a little scuffed. I am not sure what they will do with those.

Hopefully the car will be as good as new with a fresh fascia paint and maybe two new front wheels so I can put some Nitto 555Rs on the old ones!

Nadine, thanks! I hope all is going well with your snakes rebirth. I know this is small potatoes compared to your mishap!

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff,
I also checked with bertoluccis but did not use them since they choose not to garage the car and leave it outside. I have had my viper repaired by Utopia twice. Once for my rear quarter and bumper (which are perfect....no orange peel...they are really perfect). A second time under a sublet warranty job for my front bumper. Again perfect.