crazy it still hasn't sold!

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been paying all potential buyers $25.00 to not buy your beautiful viper so I can buy in in a little over a year from now. good luck with your sale, wish I was in a position to buy now.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it had stripes, I would have bought it last week. Believe me, I thought about contacting you but in the end, I want a Viper with stripes. Sorry! Gorgeous car though.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a tough market right now for sure, but it is bittersweet because I am looking to buy a GTS, and I am trying to sell my RT/10.

martyb

OP
OP
T

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it had stripes, I would have bought it last week. Believe me, I thought about contacting you but in the end, I want a Viper with stripes. Sorry! Gorgeous car though.

Are you serious? It takes 3 days and about $ 500 to have stripes painted...:rolaugh::drive:

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Damn slow market, I've had my Z06 for sale for two months and not a ton of serious people.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unfortunately right now there are a ton of Vipers available out there. Poor economy is making everyone scared to pull the trigger on anything expensive. I was looking to possibly trade my 06 in and buy an 09 but the dealer was trying to almost steal it from me. Not a good time to sell a Viper thats for sure. Hang in there and I'm sure it will turn around. Even in good times though I wouldn't think its reasonalbe to expect it to be gone in two weeks, let alone in the current times.:dunno:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to break it to you, but the price is a bit on the high side. Drop it to 31k and it'll be gone. 33k, and you'll get some nibbles. It is near immaculate but it is also ~40k for a 10-yr-old car. edmunds, kbb, etc... they are what many people go on. and they say you are high.

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some parts of your car have been re-painted. Thats probably why its not selling.

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Repainted body panels or front fascia should not have anything to do with that car not selling. Its just a rough time for many consumers to justify $40K on a pure performance vehicle which most may or
may not have the funds to spend at the present time. FWIW, Your car looks Great & will sell...

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Overpriced.
2. Red.
3. 26K miles.
I know, I have a red 98 too.

Reaction score
Its simply the economy, people are more concerned with keeping their jobs, feeding their families and making their mortgage payments.
They are not buying cars, or anything else for that matter.
Things are real tough out there, and only getting worse.

OP
OP
T

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its simply the economy, people are more concerned with keeping their jobs, feeding their families and making their mortgage payments.
They are not buying cars, or anything else for that matter.
Things are real tough out there, and only getting worse.

I agree. I really think it is simply the market. I guess it is a matter of sitting and waiting...:eater:

I am glad I don't have any loans...I might be getting desperate to move the car. Instead, she is just all cozzy in the garage. Weather is starting to change which I am sure is also paying a toll on people's minds. Maybe I will bring the ad down and wait until March/April when people begin to get car-fever again...

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Overpriced? Have you even looked at the photos...? Yeah, I didn't think so.:rolaugh:

Hate to tell ya-
Dude, EVERYBODY I know has a well maintained beautiful shiny Viper.
Your 5K overpriced, and that is generous for a red GTS with 26K on it. They are a dime a dozen. In your eyes it is a flawless great car and I'm sure it is.
But it's still a red 98. Read what JD said. What does the lack of interest tell you?

I'm just being realistic, don't take it personally. I have a red GTS equally as well kept, with 29K on it.
It's probably worth 32K. Maybe.
Mileage is relatively high, and it is in the least desirable color.

I hope you get your asking price. Hopefully in the spring things will be better. :2tu:

OP
OP
T

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon...I am not going to get into an online argument about which car is better kept or not. I can tell you however, that, I have looked at some 75+ Vipers in a two years' time (5 states) when searching for this one. And not A SINGLE ONE came close to how well kept this is one was. You can ask anyone that has seen it in person.

And no, not everyone has a well maintained beautiful shiny Viper...that is far from being accurate. There may be lots of "well kept Vipers", that, are nice for their age/miles...that is more of a true statement.

The lack of interest does not bother me...the interest IS THERE...however, it is the wrong people; people that simply should not be looking for a car, people that have terrible finances and people that are expecting an inmacualate car to sell for the price of an "average" one.

But, again, you haven't seen the car in person...so your assumption is more than fair. :2tu:

Hate to tell ya-
Dude, EVERYBODY I know has a well maintained beautiful shiny Viper.
Your 5K overpriced, and that is generous for a red GTS with 26K on it. They are a dime a dozen. In your eyes it is a flawless great car and I'm sure it is.
But it's still a red 98. Read what JD said. What does the lack of interest tell you?

I'm just being realistic, don't take it personally. I have a red GTS equally as well kept, with 29K on it.
It's probably worth 32K. Maybe.
Mileage is relatively high, and it is in the least desirable color.

I hope you get your asking price. Hopefully in the spring things will be better. :2tu:

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really do not see how you will get anything over $35K for a Red GTS with 26K miles on it. Potential customers that have the money to buy a $40K Viper are looking for ones with mileage in the teens that are also in perfect condition.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Something is only worth what someone else will pay for it. You can maintain something is worth a certain amount, but, if it is not selling, it is not worth that. Granted, that amount can change from month to month. I say hang in there, but I think it may be some time, if ever, that you'll get that price you are looking for. But like most everything else, if you wait long enough, you may just get it.

OP
OP
T

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to break it to you, but the price is a bit on the high side. Drop it to 31k and it'll be gone. 33k, and you'll get some nibbles. It is near immaculate but it is also ~40k for a 10-yr-old car. edmunds, kbb, etc... they are what many people go on. and they say you are high.

Very interesting. I have looked at Vipers during the past 2 years and the ONLY ones I saw going for "book" value were the ones that needed a heavy dose of TLC, cracks on the paint, peeling interior panels, scuffs, scratches, missing pieces, worn out brakes, tires, cracked windshields...etc.

Maybe I need to take off all the stereo stuff and extra goodies, beat it to 7hit and price it for book...:drive::D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456