Curiosity queston about carbon ceramic rotors

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
So in my travels across the internet I've stumbled on some interesting information regarding carbon ceramic brakes more than once. What I've found is that StopTech makes (or at least used to), carbon ceramic rings for their 2 piece rotors. Looks like they had at least three different sizes (according to one piece of info a few years back), one of which happened to be Viper sized (355mm x 32mm). With all the complaining I've seen on the gen 5 forums regarding the lack of a CCB option on the new car, I was wondering if anyone had ever tried running these on any Viper? Seems like they would be a direct replacement for the standard rings, albeit an expensive one (quoted at $10k for a full set on one thread a while back). Doesn't look like they list them on their website, but searching StopTech carbon brakes brings up info on them around the web.

Edit: Turns out I might be a victim of my own lack of information. After reading some more threads it looks like StopTech stopped production of rotors that might retro-fit their current hats. This may have been in parts because of their power limitation of only being useable on cars under 500hp (heat problems past that). They have a new design in the works, but sounds like it's more unique and might require different calipers, so not necessarily the easiest conversion.

Last edited: