Curious, What happens when...

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you engage and disengage your alarm system? Does the horn sound or do the lights flash?

I had diner with Maurice last night. We both had our 96 GTS's. After dinner, when we getting ready to leave, we both pushed the alarm buttons at the same time. His car lights flashed twice, no horn. My car horn sounded twice and but the lights didn't flash. Why the difference? His is the first to come of the assembly line and mine was made mid production.

What does your car do and what year is it?

Oh, and before you ask, Maurice didn't know why there was a difference either and he wrote the book!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'01 RT/10 and my horn sounds when I arm the car and my turn signal lights flash when I disarm it.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can set the lights / horn chirp options for arm and disarm on the DRB tool at a dealer.
I had my horn chirp turn off and lights only set to flash. People really notice a Viper in the parking lot, even more so if a female owner, I certainly didn't need the horn chirping to anounce "hey look over here" as well ;)

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1996 GTS's had an EEM (electronic entry module) update that changed the chirp / light flash amongst other things. If one had the original EEM and the other the TBS updated version, they will act differently. The update also repostioned the hood alarm switch from the passenger side of the engine compartment, near the coolant tank, to a spot in front of the radiator.

OP
OP
R

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

Ron, that is very interesting information. My hood switch is by the coolant tank so I can assume that I don't have the update.

I would much rather have the lights flash than have the horn bleet.

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My lights flash, and there is a sound, but it is not a horn, hard to explain (mine is a 94), I never use it, I just tested it a few times and sync'd a new fob once, other then that I don't ever use it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth