Custom Magnaflow setup replaces Borla. AMAZING Results!

Emerica4601

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What's up guys -

I've been a gen 3 owner for about 3 months now. I immediately purchased a borla exhaust for the car and did not like the sound. I had the secondary cats hollowed out and although it sounded better, I still did not like the tone. After doing some research and watching numerous youtube videos, I decided to make my own magnaflow catback. I ordered Magnaflow mufflers # 10426 along with 2.5" stainless straight pipes. The magnaflow mufflers are much shorter than the borla mufflers, so that is why the straight pipe was needed. The video that inspired this change was this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX6NGEMl00o

Again, this is NOT my car, but the car that inspired the change. I can't upload pictures or videos here at work (bandwidth issues) so I will do so when I get home.

I am very pleased with the results, and just can't get enough of the new tone. It is MUCH deeper and I'd say 50% of the drone is eliminated. The car is notably louder and the 'pops' on decel are much deeper. I absolutely love it!

I'll post pictures and a videos once I get home. Thanks for reading!

Joe

pony23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, that white car sounds bad ass. I would be inspired by that too. :)

Canadian Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice, I may just try your setup as the cabin heat is just too much to take this time of year, and I'm noticing the passenger side sill is much hotter than the driver side.
Pictures please!
Thanks

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice, I may just try your setup as the cabin heat is just too much to take this time of year, and I'm noticing the passenger side sill is much hotter than the driver side.
Pictures please!
Thanks

Hmmm, there shouldn't be a large difference in the temps from side to side. If you check the exhaust flow at idle with your hand is there a noticeable lack of flow on the driver side? Could be a sign of a clogging catalytic convertor. Or it could be just missing insulation on the passenger side...

Last edited:

viper04blk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry to awake such an old post. Did you need to do any welding for this ???

NMviperguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol. Since its alive once again what about hp. Did it improve or decrease from borla to magnaflow? I have had magnaflow on my camaro for the last 10 years and love the meaty sound.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave