1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Magnaflow setup replaces Borla. AMAZING Results!

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by Emerica4601, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Emerica4601

Emerica4601 Viper Owner

What's up guys -

I've been a gen 3 owner for about 3 months now. I immediately purchased a borla exhaust for the car and did not like the sound. I had the secondary cats hollowed out and although it sounded better, I still did not like the tone. After doing some research and watching numerous youtube videos, I decided to make my own magnaflow catback. I ordered Magnaflow mufflers # 10426 along with 2.5" stainless straight pipes. The magnaflow mufflers are much shorter than the borla mufflers, so that is why the straight pipe was needed. The video that inspired this change was this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX6NGEMl00o

Again, this is NOT my car, but the car that inspired the change. I can't upload pictures or videos here at work (bandwidth issues) so I will do so when I get home.

I am very pleased with the results, and just can't get enough of the new tone. It is MUCH deeper and I'd say 50% of the drone is eliminated. The car is notably louder and the 'pops' on decel are much deeper. I absolutely love it!

I'll post pictures and a videos once I get home. Thanks for reading!

Joe

2. Emerica4601

Emerica4601 Viper Owner

3. pony23

pony23 Enthusiast

Damn, that white car sounds bad ass. I would be inspired by that too. :)

4. Canadian Snake

Canadian Snake Enthusiast

Very nice, I may just try your setup as the cabin heat is just too much to take this time of year, and I'm noticing the passenger side sill is much hotter than the driver side.
    Pictures please!
    Thanks

5. Sonoman

Sonoman Viper Owner

Hmmm, there shouldn't be a large difference in the temps from side to side. If you check the exhaust flow at idle with your hand is there a noticeable lack of flow on the driver side? Could be a sign of a clogging catalytic convertor. Or it could be just missing insulation on the passenger side...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  6. webby

webby Viper Owner

your car seems to accelerate faster than mine :D

sounds good

7. SWolff

SWolff Enthusiast

Hey Joe its Sean. New exhaust setup sounds much better!

8. Torquemonster06

Torquemonster06 Enthusiast

Sounds nice. I like the first vid of your car. Its cool to hear the 1,2,3, gear chirps on someone else's car. LOL:drive::headbang:

9. viper04blk

viper04blk Enthusiast

sorry to awake such an old post. Did you need to do any welding for this ???

10. NMviperguy

NMviperguy Viper Owner

Lol. Since its alive once again what about hp. Did it improve or decrease from borla to magnaflow? I have had magnaflow on my camaro for the last 10 years and love the meaty sound.

11. Morketh

Morketh Viper Owner

Yea I am curious if he had new tires or not because I'm not getting any chirps in 2nd and 3rd

12. Kirkinsb

Kirkinsb Viper Owner

I wonder if he kept the stock cross-over pipe or ditched it?