Daytona HPDE on Dec. 4-6

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dragged this over from the vette forum to see if anybody is interested.

Want to run DAYTONA?

Registration is open for the 3-day Audi HPDE that will be held December 4-6 this year.

You'll be running the 3.56 mile Rolex 24 course:

You must be registered for see images

You run the "NASCAR way", i.e. counterclockwise.

This year the registration is online through this website:

http://www.clubregistration.net

After you register for an account, go to the "Events" page. There are 3 pull-down windows, but you only have to click on the first one (Organization) and select "Audi Club" (leave the "Club" and "Event Type" selected to "All") and hit "continue" (under the "options") and it will show you the Daytona event.

There are 3 tabs on that page. You'll initially be on the "Event Info" page, but you can select "Entry Fees" and "Event Options".

Unfortunately the fee has gone up this year. If you're an instructor it will cost you $599 and if you're just driving in one of the run groups it is $1199 this year. There is no option to attend for only 1 or 2 days.

It costs the Audi Club $35,000/day to rent the track!!! I saw a recent post about a one day Hooked On Driving event at Road America that was $375 for a one day event, so this $400 per day for running Daytona is high but not out of line. You get a good amount of track time for your track rental fee - you should get four 30 minute sessions per day for a total of about 6 hours on the track over the 3 days. And, hey....it's DAYTONA!!!

Under the "Event Options" tab you'll see that you can rent garage space for $200 for the event. You can probably share a garage to store 2 Corvettes in one garage space for overnight storage, but when working on the cars between sessions it would be difficult to fit both cars in one garage and you would be shuffling them in and out if you're in different run groups.

This event sponsored by the Audi Club was first run at Daytona in Dec 2007. It was the very first event that allowed any driver without some type of race license to run this track. Last year there was one other HPDE run around Halloween that also allowed non-competitively licensed drivers to run, but I ran that 2-day event and it had fewer sessions per day of shorter length, and there were also racing groups running between the student run groups and they often ran over and shortened the student sessions.

So....this Audi event is expensive, but it's a great event and run in an excellent manner by their administrative team.

Below is a video of a couple laps around the track in my '06 Z06 from the event last December so you can see what to expect.

Hope to see many of you there!

Bob

Click on "youtube" in the bottom right of the screen above or CLICK HERE if you want to go to the video on youtube to be able to select a full-screen view

.​
Last edited by BEZ06; Yesterday at 10:10 AM.

OP
OP
B

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
getting some views, any maybes out there, i know its six months away but its daytona. somewhere you can really open these cars up and drive.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm running with the Italian guys on Nov. 12-15th. I went out last year just to watch and ride along, this year I'm def. gonna be driving.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is way too kool!! I'd probably break something and would run out of W/M running under boost all that time!! Nonetheless, definately something to think about. If you are going to be a bear...be a Grissly...

ssnaked

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why don't you guys head to Viper Days at Daytona October 23-25. Full 24 hour course. Check it out at viperdays.com