DC Performance Reflash Dyno results...

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dynoed my car this week after installing a DC Performance computer. It was a very hot day with a temp. of 100.62F. It was 24 degrees warmer than my last dyno. My new numbers are 484.15RWHP and 502.86RWTQ. I gained 14.1HP and 25.77TQ. Those are all peak gains. I gained slightly more than this in the mid-range. Really smoothed out the curves as well. Throttle response is greatly improved. Mods include Belanger headers and cat delete exhaust, K&N cold air kit, Dave's underdrive pulley, and DC Performance computer.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice numbers. I am sure it is a bit more with the difference in temperature. Enjoy.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Belanger claims 50hp with just their headers. LMAO! K & N claims 15hp with just their air filter setup. :rolleyes:

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Belanger claims 50hp with just their headers. LMAO! K & N claims 15hp with just their air filter setup. :rolleyes:
The claim with Belanger seems a bit over zealous. But having said that their product is top notch and when used with a S/C it really adds a few xtra HP's!;)

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only used my SOTP Dyno when I got my DC Tune, and it felt good!

Good to hear some numbers though - Thanks! I'd love to see your new dyno numbers in cooler weather!:2tu:

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dynoed my car this week after installing a DC Performance computer. It was a very hot day with a temp. of 100.62F. It was 24 degrees warmer than my last dyno. My new numbers are 484.15RWHP and 502.86RWTQ. I gained 14.1HP and 25.77TQ. Those are all peak gains. I gained slightly more than this in the mid-range. Really smoothed out the curves as well. Throttle response is greatly improved. Mods include Belanger headers and cat delete exhaust, K&N cold air kit, Dave's underdrive pulley, and DC Performance computer.

What was the turn around time on getting your computer back?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should try the X-Metal throttle body. Should get another 10-15 hp on the top plus increased throttle response. Maybe put you over 500!

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good numbers

I would like to hear the sound of your exhaust. I Got rid of one cat - tempted to try no cats.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I believe that statement was made by Belanger resellers in reference to the earlier Gen II's with the .708 cam. They did indeed see a very noticeable increase in HP on the dyno - 50 HP was not unheard of. When SRT went with a different cam starting in 2000 (and on up through 2006), the increase from headers was less. No excuses for Belangers at all: They do exactly as advertised for the Vipers in question. Definitely love 'em on our '05!

Oh yeah, and as for K&N - numerous dyno sheets show them increasing 10+ HP at the rear wheels. If 15 flywheel HP is exaggerated, it's not by much...

OP
OP
B

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The claim with Belanger seems a bit over zealous. But having said that their product is top notch and when used with a S/C it really adds a few xtra HP's!;)
I agree. The Belangers are top notch and Lou is a great guy who will spend all the time necessary to answer questions. Below is the post I made after dynoing headers alone. I was not expecting 50hp from a Gen 3, based on everyone's experience with headers. If I had it to do over, I would still install the full Belanger exhaust. My only regret is that I did not do it sooner!

Belanger Headers Dyno Results
I had Belanger headers installed a few weeks ago. I drove the car approx. 400 miles since install, per Lou's request, before taking it to the dyno. My best pull was 470.05RWHP/477.09RWTQ. I gained 15.21RWHP/3.53RWTQ. I believe these results are in line with what others have gotten on a stock engine. Only other upgrade I have is the K&N kit. I will be installing a DC tune early next week. Should get a few more horses there, as the car is running rich. Overall, this is about what I expected. Not much results for dollar$ spent, but I love the new sound!!:D

What was the turn around time on getting your computer back?

I think most people buy a new computer from Dan at the same time. That gives you the ability to keep your stock computer and tune. If ordered in the morning, they may ship the same day or the next at the latest. Very quick turnaround. The computer will spend more time in transit than in Dan's shop.

You should try the X-Metal throttle body. Should get another 10-15 hp on the top plus increased throttle response. Maybe put you over 500!

I have been talking to Gary.:D 500 would be nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper