GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paint:
Wash - Poorboy's SS&S
Polish - menzerna micro polish with Flex XC3401VRG & Corbra Cross Cut Pads
Sealant - Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant
Wax - Pinnacle Souveran Paste

The interior, wheels and wells were done before I polished it.

Leather:
Wash - Connolly Leather Cleaner
Conditioner - Connolly Hide Care

Carpet:
Clean - DP Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner

Wheels:
Cleaner - P21s Wheel Cleaner
Wash - Poorboys SS&S
Protectant - Klasse AIO

I must admit I thought it looked great after I polished it but I don't think the sealant and wax did much more for it as far as looks are concerned. Just a little more depth and wetness. I think I'll try out some swissvax or Zymol next time.

After LSP:
You must be registered for see images attach

After Polish:

Interior After Connolly:

Wheels after P21s Wheels Cleaner:

Wheel Wells After Poorboy's Spray & Rinse Wheel Cleaner and Klasse AIO:

The Great One

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did you use on the tires? I need something that just makes them look clean and not too slimy. Whatever you used on them looks perfect.

Amazing overall detail though :2tu:

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking job. How long did it take & do you detail in any particular order as in wheels and undercarriage first, then body then interior? That's got to be the best looking model (02ACR) Dodge Viper there is. MHO:2tu:

OP
OP
G

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks obsidian, The Great One, Deal Maker, okoneranger and goldcup. I really appreciate your nice comments.

The Great One, First I clean the tires very well with P21s wheel cleaner and a brush then with soap and water. Next I applied Wolfgand Black Diamond Tire gel on very thin the a foam pad. I mean reall then rubbing it on good. I like my tire to have a natural semi-gloss look. I hate my tires to look shinney and wet. I leave that for my paint.

I probably spent 3-4 days on it. I enjoy detailing my cars and I just take my time. It's a nice change from the normal work I do.
1. Pull the wheels off and detailed the wheels and wells.
2. Detailed the interior.
3. Polsihed the car
4. Applied sealant and wax.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks obsidian, The Great One, Deal Maker, okoneranger and goldcup. I really appreciate your nice comments.

The Great One, First I clean the tires very well with P21s wheel cleaner and a brush then with soap and water. Next I applied Wolfgand Black Diamond Tire gel on very thin the a foam pad. I mean reall then rubbing it on good. I like my tire to have a natural semi-gloss look. I hate my tires to look shinney and wet. I leave that for my paint.

I probably spent 3-4 days on it. I enjoy detailing my cars and I just take my time. It's a nice change from the normal work I do.
1. Pull the wheels off and detailed the wheels and wells.
2. Detailed the interior.
3. Polsihed the car
4. Applied sealant and wax.

You're local, when can you come over?

OP
OP
G

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Shellshomesdrivesviper and agentf1!

Shellshomesdrivesviper, I live in SW Florida.

agentf1, I also like Souveran Paste on black and yellow.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have anything on your wheel wells inside where it looks like raw fiberglass? Or is it just cleaned?

OP
OP
G

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have anything on your wheel wells inside where it looks like raw fiberglass? Or is it just cleaned?

After cleaning the wheel wells I put Klasse All-In-One on them.

Thanks quadcammer!

I need to adjust the hood gaps.

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Until I have proof that this car has actually been driven I can not comment on your detailing abilities:rolaugh::2tu::headbang:
how did you get the shocks so clean?

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After cleaning the wheel wells I put Klasse All-In-One on them.

Thanks quadcammer!

I need to adjust the hood gaps.
Klasse AIO on the wheel wells? :confused: Isn't that fiberglass like material kinda rough and porous? I didn't think it lended itself to being polished like a paint. I could see the black plastic maybe but not the glass part. :dunno:

OP
OP
G

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Until I have proof that this car has actually been driven I can not comment on your detailing abilities:rolaugh::2tu::headbang:
how did you get the shocks so clean?

I used Poorboy's Spray and Rinse Wheel Cleaner on the shocks, brake caliplers, well wheels, etc. It's some strong stuff and did a nice job. The car only has 5,000 miles on it. Here's a couple before pictures of the wheel wells.

agentf1, Klasse AIO is an acrylic based products. It works good on most surfaces. It also works great on painted brake calipers. It doesn't melt off like a wax will from the heat of the brakes.

Last edited:

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks, do you think I could use simple green on the shocks, wheel wells?
I am at 47K miles so it is fairly dirty!

in 2 weeks my wife goes out of town with our girls for 3 days, you have inspired me. I may even take off from work...lol

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used simple green and it works well but I have been told if left on it will attack aluminum.Do not know if this is true but for safety I always follow with a good soap scrubbing.Once clean,if it is maintained simple green is not neccessary.I drive about 6-8k a year.

OP
OP
G

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

in 2 weeks my wife goes out of town with our girls for 3 days, you have inspired me. I may even take off from work...lol

I think any All Purpose Cleaner (APC) would work ok. It don't hurt to read the label and see what type of surfaces it works on. I'm sure some work better then others. With most cleaners I always rince off with water afterwards. In this case since I had the wheels off and the car was in the garage I used a spary bottle of water to do it. I put old news papers on the garage floor and just let the cleaner and dirty water run off on the paper.

Have fun while your wife is away with the girls.

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have used simple green and it works well but I have been told if left on it will attack aluminum.Do not know if this is true but for safety I always follow with a good soap scrubbing.Once clean,if it is maintained simple green is not neccessary.I drive about 6-8k a year.

I will double check it, but I planned on washing it off after. I was going to try it with a 1:1 mix in a spray bottle.

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think any All Purpose Cleaner (APC) would work ok. It don't hurt to read the label and see what type of surfaces it works on. I'm sure some work better then others. With most cleaners I always rince off with water afterwards. In this case since I had the wheels off and the car was in the garage I used a spary bottle of water to do it. I put old news papers on the garage floor and just let the cleaner and dirty water run off on the paper.

Have fun while your wife is away with the girls.

I noticed the news paper on the floor. Spray bottle is a good idea, I keep running out to the store to buy more stuff after reading everyones ideas. Thanks again!

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Using just Simple Green and some rags. Still looks the same after sitting on stands for two months...
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
G

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also going to assume that is painters tape around the lights?

Yes it is painter's tape. If I'm polishing a car I tape up the badges, lights and trim to if I hit it with the polisher I don't mar it up.