Diamondback hood for the 92-02 Viper is finally available...

USexoticsLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just wanted to let everyone know that I've finally got the Diamondback hood available and am ready to take orders. I listed an ebay auction with some new pics and details, click here

... If anybody is interested at all, you can always pm me here, contact me through ebay, or email me at [email protected] with any questions you have. Big thanks to Lauri for putting one of my hoods on his gorgeous RT/10, as it yielded some awesome pictures to show off :2tu:

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roger,

Good luck with the sale of these hoods!! I really like what you did with the hood and think it is a great improvement over stock.

Hope to see one on a GTS soon.

Ed

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When i first saw this up for sale on E-bay i thought the RT was up for sale!!!!!!!!
Great hood :2tu: :2tu: :headbang:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you made any adjustments to make the gap between the fascia and hood any smaller? I remember Lauri's being quite large on the drivers side, but not as bad on the passenger side. Some of it may have had to do with the Autoform fascia, but when I look at the area the wraps around the headlight it doesn't seem to go down far enough.

OP
OP
U

USexoticsLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you made any adjustments to make the gap between the fascia and hood any smaller? I remember Lauri's being quite large on the drivers side, but not as bad on the passenger side. Some of it may have had to do with the Autoform fascia, but when I look at the area the wraps around the headlight it doesn't seem to go down far enough.

Hello John... yes, I have actually built an entirely new mold for the hood and all of the little issues have been taken care of. I believe that my hood is more at fault for the larger gap on the driver side of Lauri's car rather than the Autoform fascia. I have not only reshaped the areas over both headlights now, but I had also extended the three edges that meet the front fascia by 1/4 inch. The reason I did this was because I had seen so many different vipers with different gaps and decided that it would be best to provide a little "too much" material instead of too little, this way the bodyshop can easily sand down the edge to match the lines of the car perfectly. Trust me, I hate gaps!!!... so I made these provisions to guarantee that they won't happen with the production versions of the hood.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I like those louvers, the way they are canted back. Thats artful, as well as functional. :2tu:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hello John... yes, I have actually built an entirely new mold for the hood and all of the little issues have been taken care of. I believe that my hood is more at fault for the larger gap on the driver side of Lauri's car rather than the Autoform fascia. I have not only reshaped the areas over both headlights now, but I had also extended the three edges that meet the front fascia by 1/4 inch. The reason I did this was because I had seen so many different vipers with different gaps and decided that it would be best to provide a little "too much" material instead of too little, this way the bodyshop can easily sand down the edge to match the lines of the car perfectly. Trust me, I hate gaps!!!... so I made these provisions to guarantee that they won't happen with the production versions of the hood.

Great to hear, Lauri spoke highly of your attention to detail.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys I will be receiving this hood here hopefully in the matter of a week or two how ever long it will take it to ship to California.

Roger has been very helpful in dealing with my past hood experience that I had with ELITE MOTORSPORTS, who screwed me over and wouldn’t refund my money on the hood he sold me that didn’t fit but Roger stepped up and promised me that as soon as the hoods are ready he will send me a replacement one.

He didn’t have to do that but I really respect that he was willing to make right on it, already being in the whole because of Ellite Motorsports and he's bad business ethics.

I will post pictures as soon as I get the hood on and I must say that Roger is really a man of honor.

Thank you.

P.S. Scott at Elite never even returned a phone call, what a peace of work that guy is.

GTS02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you make the front snout also. or where can I find one.

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had the pleasure of seeing that hood in person and it's a beautiful piece! If the corrections were made to the body lines than its perfect! I LOVED IT :2tu:

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Incorporated into the design is also a functional and finished underside that plumbs moisture away from your intake to prevent water drainage from becoming an issue during rain, washing, etc., but allowing for optimal heat extraction from the motor at the same time.
could you post a link to a picture of the underside of the vents, I'm trying to imagine how this looks and its a fuzzy picture in my head

this is the best looking aftermarket body piece i have ever seen for a viper. major kudos! :2tu:

OP
OP
U

USexoticsLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll do my best to get some pics taken of the underside on Anton's hood today before I get it crated up. Hopefully I'll have them up here before tomorrow. Thanks again for the compliments guys... just like Ed, I can't wait to see this hood on a GTS, I really think it'll look great with those bodylines.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is the first aftermarket body part for any car that I actually like. I'm a OEM fanatic when it comes to body lines, youv'e done an amazing job of exagerating the factory lines. Pure artwork! My only suggestion would be something different at the so called speaker area. The grills and their shape are the only lines on the GTS that I don't care for.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the passenger side "speaker grill" could be routed through a channel to the cowl area... that would be nice.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Hood is F'n AWESOME and really compliments the Car Very nicely.

Roger,

Keep up the great work and new products too!

Jay K.

OP
OP
U

USexoticsLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the passenger side "speaker grill" could be routed through a channel to the cowl area... that would be nice.

We discussed that a few months ago and I still plan to build plug pieces that would basically fill in the grill recessions and join the entire rear end of the hood into a smooth continuous line. The passenger side can still be solid on top and open at the cowl as you said, basically having that openning facing the driver instead of having it face upward.

OP
OP
U

USexoticsLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a few of the pics of the underside of Anton's that I promised you guys. I also included a couple other shots that I took of his hood as I was getting it packed up and ready to ship out to the west coast.

You must be registered for see images

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a few of the pics of the underside of Anton's that I promised you guys. I also included a couple other shots that I took of his hood as I was getting it packed up and ready to ship out to the west coast.

WOW, i absolutely LOVE that hood. Now if i only had the money to buy one, maybe in a few years after my other mods! I have to get the Roe Super charger first and then i'll get that hood lol.

OP
OP
U

USexoticsLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sure do appreciate all of the compliments guys. If anybody has any questions at all, please don't hesitate to let me know.