1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did anyone try their supercharged beast on the road course at VOI?

Discussion in 'VCA Viper Events and Gatherings' started by Ulysses, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Ulysses

Ulysses Enthusiast

Just curious as to how it handled. Was it too much for the road course? Were there any heat issues?

2. Jason Heffner

Jason Heffner Enthusiast

Mark Cooper from Virginia did. I supercharged his Viper about two years ago. He made 58 laps around the course and said that his front straight speeds were by comparison 15 to 20 mph faster that most other cars. This car runs no race fuel and has no intercooler. If that isn't a testament to the durability of a combination I don't know what is.

3. Lee00blacksilverGTS

Lee00blacksilverGTS Viper Owner

And this car was DRIVEN, and I mean DRIVEN to VOI, and I have seen some of the video of it being DRIVEN to VOI in a spirited fashion. Not trailered. And then driven back.

4. Mark Red GTS Cooper

Mark Red GTS Cooper Enthusiast

I had 56 laps with my Heffner Supercharged car on Sat, and it ran great, I have it all on video, now to try to transfer analog to mpg HELP!!! I was hitting 125-30 on the front bank, and 100-05 on the back bank. The instructors had some great compliments for the take off and acceleration and sound.. The Stop Tech Brakes are incredible!

In fact, the instructors asked me to slow down, they said that I was accelerating to fast, but all in all, the car ran great, 2 years, no problems with the super charger or pistons I had made for the V. The Viper never got excessively hot, and I checked the oil level after,, non missing.

I wish I could have made the drags, next time!

5. Dr Roof

Dr Roof Enthusiast

Didn't get a chance too! My car was on display and it was raining as well my track day. Sunday we went back to Bowling Green to watch the Mustang Nationals! But I did drive my car to nashville and back! With me driving there is always the possibility of road Racing!

6. dmora

dmora Enthusiast

Did SW make it around the road course?