did this belong to anyone here?

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Read the small print under "Condition". I called and asked about the car and they said it was perfect. When I asked about the "frame damage" disclosure the salesman remembered the auction saying something about that...... I know of people that have put on stripes and upgraded wheels after a wreck. Be careful.

OP
OP
D

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't buy one yet, just thought it was a beautiful car. I will check on this board before buying any viper.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read the small print under "Condition". I called and asked about the car and they said it was perfect. When I asked about the "frame damage" disclosure the salesman remembered the auction saying something about that...... I know of people that have put on stripes and upgraded wheels after a wreck. Be careful.
Not sure if they've added it since you posted, but it now says that the 'damage' the underbody/frame rails is from tow straps and that the frame is "laser straight".

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yellow is really growing on me. If I was looking for another Viper I would consider Kcobean's 2001 Bumblebee ACR that is for sale. A beauty and a good price.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great-like to see that in person.

I took a look at the new colors for 2009 and the Yellow/black ACR is awesome

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"AutoCheck reports that this vehicle was previously sold at a wholesale auto auction with a disclosure that the vehicle has frame/unibody damage or had frame/unibody damage” The vehicle has been inspected, and found to only have small imperfections on the frame rails from tow straps. These are purely cosmetic, and do not affect the vehicle whatsoever. It has never been involved in any accidents, and is 100% laser straight.

Hmm...it could be the camera but it looks as if there's orange peel on the hood in the picture that shows the up close shot of the naca duct/stripe area. There appears to be a seam weld on the crossbrace in the pic that show the up close shot of the K&N intake. Don't know if that's common on GenIII's. I'd say this car had front end damage hence the peel and weld but I could be wrong... This is a sharp looking SRT however.

Last edited:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The weld on the cross brace is normal. As for the rest of the car, I wouldnt touch it with that kind of disclaimer.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The weld on the cross brace is normal. As for the rest of the car, I wouldnt touch it with that kind of disclaimer.

Thanks Nader, as I don't have a GenIII I didn't know if that was normal.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"AutoCheck reports that this vehicle was previously sold at a wholesale auto auction with a disclosure that the vehicle has frame/unibody damage or had frame/unibody damage” The vehicle has been inspected, and found to only have small imperfections on the frame rails from tow straps. These are purely cosmetic, and do not affect the vehicle whatsoever. It has never been involved in any accidents, and is 100% laser straight.

Hmm...it could be the camera but it looks as if there's orange peel on the hood in the picture that shows the up close shot of the naca duct/stripe area. There appears to be a seam weld on the crossbrace in the pic that show the up close shot of the K&N intake. Don't know if that's common on GenIII's. I'd say this car had front end damage hence the peel and weld but I could be wrong... This is a sharp looking SRT however.

Tony,
You've seen a Gen III w/o orange peel?