Did you make it to the Tail of the Dragon on the way or way back?

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went a little out of my way to make sure that the Dragon was on my 'check off' list on this trip. Got there yesterday and did one run to the South and passed about 6 Snakes running the other way. I was really holding out until this morning (Wed) to go and join up with others. Made a number of runs today and it's about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on!

Let's find out how many people make it to the Dragon as part of their Charlotte trip?

FANG10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drive By

I do believe we did a drive by each other.

See ya in Charlotte.

Juliana and Jimmy

flatblack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Myself and 4 or 5 other cars will be leaving early tomorrow morning to drive it. It's a must for this road trip!! Can't wait to enjoy it!

Mad Max

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going there this morning. Leaving from Knoxville with a few others.
I'm on Google Latitude. viper.mad.max at gmail dot com.

flatblack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mad Max, what time are you guys leaving? We're heading out in a few minutes for the I40 and I75 intersection. We're probably gonna stop in Maryville for gas. Call me if you see this: 903-452-8231

jckrieger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove the dragon on the way down. It's best done at night when there is no traffic. I have some decent go-pro video that doesn't do it justice. Highway 28 was the best road in the area in my opinion though.

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Motor City Vipers Owners caravan did it on Wednesday. It was my first time and what a blast it was.

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was there 2 weeks ,on 2 wheels , with a super bike , great roads all around ! Lots of FUN !!! :D :2tu:

NSviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After VOI we stayed in the Smokey Mountains for 4 days and got to experience not only the beauty of the mountains and the community, but one of the best driving experiences!! The Tail of the Dragon was awesome and I could do it over and over again! If it's not on the bucket list for any Viper owner, it should be put there. It's a small world... we met up with another Viper couple, Thomas and Kathi from Switzerland, on the way to the Dragon Tail . Enjoyed a great cruise with them. Got some pics along the way, even with some bikers!
DSCN0393.JPG
;
DSCN0397.JPG
;
DSCN0407.JPG

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Did the tail with Mad Max and Flatblack on the way down and it definitely is the most fun you can have with your clothes on. We did it early in the morning and had minimal traffic - which made it a total blast. Mad Max (Brent) has his gopro filming the entire way - so I'm hoping he'll post a video soon as I was right in front of him. They did have a photographer shooting at a couple of different spots and the pictures are pretty good.

Mad Max

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rocket,

I've tried once to get it uploaded and failed. I'll try again tonight to see if I have better luck. I'll let you know. The video is good however it doesn't seem to do it justice. It doesn't look as fast as it was in real life!!

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok. Here is part II. This is where I'm following Rocket62. It's in HD and fairly long.

http://youtu.be/iBdl-QUX00A

Still can't figure out the embedding thing. I know how to get the code from youtube, just not sure how to enable the HTML code in the post. Help!!

It's a fun road, but y'all definitely need to make it to the AL/TN run we do each spring. You can jump in behind me, Matt and Mike out front and REALLY have some fun! :)

Mad Max

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You!! I bought the GoPro just before we left for VOI. It's been worth every penny. The Dragon was a great time. The only request my wife has before next time is for me to install 6 point harnesses, she had a hard time staying in her seat!!