difference between SRT, GTS and the TA?

tcsracing1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
3 models available. What is the difference?
When is a ragtop due?

Will there be an ACR or is the TA the replacement?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again for 2014, two variants of the potent SRT[SUP]®[/SUP] Viper are offered, allowing customers to more closely tailor a vehicle to their preference. Enter the SRT Viper and SRT Viper GTS. Each with a different approach, the two variants maintain the goal of delivering the utmost performance from a hand-built vehicle. Aimed squarely at the performance enthusiast, the SRT Viper is the supercar in its purest form. With race-ready bucket seats and a simplistic approach, it’s ready for track duty at a moment’s notice. The record-setting SRT Viper TA Special Edition packagetakes things to the next level of on-track performance. Fully prepared for touring duty, the SRT Viper GTS is a more refined approach at harnessing the V-10’s fury. No matter the flavor, both SRT Viper variants are road-going sculptures equipped for spirited driving.

GTS - more creature comfort oriented.
SRT - comfortable but more raw performance oriented. Not as many creature comforts available and does not have identical suspension as GTS.
TA - specialized SRT variant - purpose built road course car that is streetable. The SRT[SUP]®[/SUP] Viper TA Special Edition was crafted for single purpose: to lap race circuits with ultimate precision. It achieved this goal by successfully breaking the production-car lap record at Laguna Seca in February 2013, with a time of 1:33.6. This limited-edition, purpose-built SRT Viper is available in three colors; TA Orange, Venom Black and Viper White. Standard equipment includes the Advanced Aerodynamics Package, Pirelli[SUP]®[/SUP] P-Zero Performance Tires, Ballistic cloth seats with orange stitching, Carbon Fiber under hood X-brace, carbon fiber rear valance, black anodized brake calipers with SRT Viper logo in TA Orange, aggressive two-mode Bilstein[SUP]®[/SUP]dampers and black logo appliqués.

Last edited:

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was checking out 2 GTS's and an SRT at my local dealership. I like the hood on the SRT...(6 vents) which apparently is on the T/A as well. I asked if you can get that hood on a GTS and the salesman said no. I wonder why that is?

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was checking out 2 GTS's and an SRT at my local dealership. I like the hood on the SRT...(6 vents) which apparently is on the T/A as well. I asked if you can get that hood on a GTS and the salesman said no. I wonder why that is?

Yes, you can order it on the GTS for 2014 models.

VRYALT3R3D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT - comfortable but more raw performance oriented. Not as many creature comforts and does not have identical suspension as GTS.

The SRT is the lightest Gen V when equipped with the sidewinder II wheels. What creature comforts are missing from the SRT? It has everything but the elec. suspension.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS Laguna Interior Package with Laguna Leather interior trim, an Alcantara headliner, and Sabelt Laguna leather seats (All black, all sepia)
  • N/A SRT Viper
  • $7,500 – SRT Viper GTS

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT is the lightest Gen V when equipped with the sidewinder II wheels. What creature comforts are missing from the SRT? It has everything but the elec. suspension.

Some of the weight savings comes from deletion of sound insulating materials.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought all of the SRT weight savings (50lbs) came from the deletion of sound insulating materials.

For 2014, not sure the weight savings still exist for the SRT because they no longer offer the lighter brakes which are now standard on the GTS.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FrontAvailable – SRT Time Attack PackageSize and Type14.0 x 1.26 (355.0 x 32.0) vented disc, with Brembo 44/40 opposing piston anodized calipers with orange Viper logo; unique Brembo slotted, vented high thermal capacity two-piece wide annulus rotors and pads

Rear
Available – SRT Time Attack PackageSize and Type14.0 x 1.26 (355.0 x 32.0) vented disc, with Brembo 42/38 dual opposing anodized calipers with orange Viper logo; unique Brembo slotted, vented high thermal capacity two-piece wide annulus rotors and pads.

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Notice on my base SRT sticker it says track package added. How does that fit in to the above. Seems to have different tires & brakes. Is it somewhere in between base and TA?