Digital Torque Wrench Special

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

As a new sponsor of this forum, we are offering an introductory special: our Digital Torque Wrench w/ Blow Molded Case for $99 - including shipping. Just go to our website: Brown Line Metalworks, LLC | Professional Grade Digital Torque Wrench and click on the "Buy Now" button. At checkout, enter the coupon code: VCA

You can see the torque wrench in action in the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEJsE2vlxxE

Product Specifications:

Patented Double Gear Sensing System

Designed, engineered, and tested by Brown Line Metal Works, the patented* D.G.S.S. technology ensures repeatable accuracy of +/- 3.5% both clockwise & counter-clockwise

Accurate from 20 – 100% of full scale (7% accuracy from 10 – 20% of full scale)

Microprocessor Controlled

8-bit electronics ensures accurate readings and simplicity of use

Allows for both Peak and Track mode

Individually calibrates each wrench

Supplies unique serial number for each wrench

Ratchet Head

1/2" drive reversible ratchet

32-tooth gear provides an 11.25º arc while handling high torque loads

Forged from Chromium Vanadium alloy to ensure strength

Conforms to ASME B107.10 2005 standards

Range

15 – 150 ft/lbs

180 – 1,800 in/lbs

20.3 – 203 Nm

Digital Control

Large backlit digital display shows both target torque and current read-out

Intuitive button design makes operating torque wrench simple

LEDs and digital display provide visual feedback when operating wrench

Buzzer creates audible feedback when target torque is reached

Easily switch between ft/lbs, in/lbs, and Nm

Automatically powers off when not in use for 2 minutes

Low battery indicator

Handle

Soft-touch overmold provides comfortable non-slip grip

Engineered plastics ensure an impact resistant housing

The offer is valid till Sept 21st, and is only for the lower 48 states.

Attachments

• wrench.jpg
    wrench.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to your wesite: Clicked on wrench with case (150.00,) it gave the discount without even putting in the VCA code. It Went to $99.00. I Put the code in anyway and no change, so I put in my credit card info. When I clicked on continue and review, it knocked me out and sent me to PayPal. I Went back and all was blank. Not sure if I trust this site. It's like it took my credit card info with nothing in return. No receipt, no E-mail, nothing! What's up with the new guys site? Anyone else tried this??

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Brownline! Welcome to the forum.

I purchased mine a couple of months ago via Amazon.com.
Unfortunately, it stopped working after about 10 wheel 'torque checks'.
I've tried all types of resets and several different brands of new batteries. It's still not working.
Any suggestions?

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Went to your wesite: Clicked on wrench with case (150.00,) it gave the discount without even putting in the VCA code. It Went to $99.00. I Put the code in anyway and no change, so I put in my credit card info. When I clicked on continue and review, it knocked me out and sent me to PayPal. I Went back and all was blank. Not sure if I trust this site. It's like it took my credit card info with nothing in return. No receipt, no E-mail, nothing! What's up with the new guys site? Anyone else tried this??

We are currently working on resolving this problem. It does appear that the $99 price is appearing for some reason in the cart without entering a code. We do use paypal and google checkout to process the orders ( you can also pay with a credit card through paypal if you don't have an account), so that is what happens- you press continue, get taken to paypal (or google checkout), pay, and then get taken back to our website.

Thanks for alerting us to the problem.

BLMW

Update: Okay. We are pretty sure we solved the problem. It looks like we accidentally entered an additional coupon code for $51 that worked when nothing was entered. Again - thanks for letting us know !!

Last edited:
OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Hey Brownline! Welcome to the forum.

I purchased mine a couple of months ago via Amazon.com.
Unfortunately, it stopped working after about 10 wheel 'torque checks'.
I've tried all types of resets and several different brands of new batteries. It's still not working.
Any suggestions?

Kevan- I am very sorry to hear about this. We pride ourselves on making a quality product, so we never like to hear of one not working. It might be one of the battery contacts. You can email me at [email protected], or call me during the week at 312-884-7644, or PM me so that we can get this solved. Worst case, I will send UPS to pick up the wrench, repair it, and send ite back.

Again, I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

BLMW

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Good Question Eric :usa: Welcome to the VCA :2tu:

Sorry that I missed this one. The ratchet / steel components of our wrench are manufactured in Taiwan, and the assembly / electronics are made in Malaysia. We use a patented technology to measure torque that is inherently much less expensive to manufacture than our competitors, which is why we are able to offer the wrench at such an attractive retail price.

Our repair / calibration facility is located in Chicago in case anything ever needs to be done to the wrench.

BLMW

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevan- I am very sorry to hear about this. We pride ourselves on making a quality product, so we never like to hear of one not working. It might be one of the battery contacts. You can email me at [email protected], or call me during the week at 312-884-7644, or PM me so that we can get this solved. Worst case, I will send UPS to pick up the wrench, repair it, and send ite back.

Again, I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

BLMW
....and here we have an example of excellent customer service.
Other companies should take note.

Thanks!
I'll give you a call on Monday and get it all sorted out.
It'll be nice to have the digital one back up and running. The 'you're getting closer' lights are a great feature!

Hmmm....Taiwan, Malaysia, Chicago.
Didn't see CHINA in there! WooHoo!

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From my instruction manual: 1 year warranty.
Having them PM'able here on the forum certainly adds to that....as I can testify to. :)

It really is a great wrench for the price. I'm sure I'll be happy with (and use the helloutof) my replacement.

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevan: You convinced me to think in a different direction. It seems anytime you get something that is electronic, it is eventually screws up or goes bad. Case in point, my old torque wrench has a mechanical click to it when it reaches the proper torque setting. So in your case where it may be a bad battery connection, because of the electronic system going bad, its rendered the whole wrench useless. I've changed my mind for now on ordering. At least with my old one, I never have to worry about the battery going bad! Hope your replacement will last longer than the first one.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez....thanks for putting me on the spot. :)
So much for my replacement wrench.

I was just like you: click = correct.
When I took the SnapOn/Mac blinders off, I saw the light.
As an experiment, I picked up a full set (1/4", 3/8", 1/2") of torque wrenches from Harbor Freight. $60 for the 3 of them.
I packed up my 2 ($200 ea.) Craftsman torque wrenches and my Husky Big mamajama (yes- the Home Depot brand) and took all 6 down to the local JEG'S where they have a testing bench for torque wrenches.
I was there for over two hours going through all the wrenches and as many settings as possible.
The HF ones were actually more accurate than the Craftsmans! (The Husky was as accurate as the Craftsmans)

The SnapOn and Mac torque wrenches are about $300. ea.
You'll need at least 2 to match the range of the Brownline digital.
That's $600.
(the super-awesome digital torque wrenches from SnapOn are over $1600. Each.)

I have the HF as back-ups in case I'm in the middle of a project and something fails. With the Brownline, I can ditch those 3 and just have one extra wrench in the drawer.
For doing lug nuts.....they're AWESOME. It's the perfect size, without being too big. Prior, I was using my Husky (yep- Home Depot special) that goes up to 250 ft. lbs. With that much leverage, it's easy to over-torque....even with the click.

And who's to say that my problem wasn't 'user error'?
Maybe the wrench didn't like the charge on the Duracell or Energizer rechargeables?
Maybe I should keep it in a dryer/warmer/humid/cooler place?
I'm sure they'll let EVERYONE here know if I'm an idiot or not. :)

Hell, with this offer, I may pick up a spare Brownline. :D
It's cheaper than the $130 I paid....without a case!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prosperitymirra