Direction of Rotation of EBC Slotted and Dimpled Rotors

mmcc269

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for a confirmation: 1993 RT/10 - Replacing my stock rotors/pads with EBC sport rotors / pads

The picture here is my passenger side rear wheel - do I have the slots rotation in the right direction showing the one mounted or is it the opposite as the one I have leaning against it?

You must be registered for see images attach

sassafras

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I always told that the slot direction in the rotor didn't really matter. What matters is the direction of the vanes in the rotor. If you have straight vanes then install the slots whatever direction you feel like. If you have directional vanes, install the rotors as such:

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm posting this as info only...not telling you which way to install your rotors (now that I'm legally off the hook). I'm not an expert by any means, but my Baer Eradispeed+ rotors have a REVERSE SLOT and DRILL pattern...the outside slots/holes run in the opposite direction of the interior vanes. The documentation stated 'this is the current racecar practice and lowers the potential...yadda, yadda, yadda' (I chose the slotted/drilled option because they look ****, not for any track/racing purposes). It also states that the curved vane is designed to draw air into the center of the rotor and force the air to exit from the outer edge.

Here is my driver side front installation...

This is the side view where the surface slots/holes rotate forward in the direction of rotation...

You must be registered for see images

...but the vanes face where the center of the rotor will allow air flow into and then out of the outer edge of the rotor...

..here is my passenger side rear installation...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets