Do all ACR's come with BBS wheels?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Re: Do all ACR\'s come with BBS wheels?

There is a "******" of an ACR floating around with late GenII 5 spoke wheels (as on 99-02), 3 of the tires are "C1" Pilot Sports with one non-"C1"...examine this baby closely...there is quite a "history".

OP
OP
Bad_Byte

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There is a "******" of an ACR floating around with late GenII 5 spoke wheels (as on 99-02), 3 of the tires are "C1" Pilot Sports with one non-"C1"...examine this baby closely...there is quite a "history".

It wouldn't happen to be this one would it Steve? 99 ACR

GoldenVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hey Bad_Byte! This is Trinh. I looked at the 99 ACR above and do not think it is an ACR because: no smooth tubes, no BBS wheels, no 5 point seat belts, no console ACR plaque, no ACR side emblems. I know it has no fog lights but I cannot check if it has K&N air filters.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Bad Byte, NO, the "******" that I referenced is a red 2002 ACR....noting that one man's "******" can become another man's racecar-project-in-progress !!!

You have e-mail.

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Agree with GoldenVenom. Too many "ACR" things missing. Art, look at the photo of the frontal view. The silver stripes run all the way through the last 2" lip, that's not factory original. Something tells me the front has been repainted, probably they left out the fog lights for a reason too and just stuck on the black covers to give that ACR appearance on the front.

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score

To answer your original question, yes, the BBS were factory original on the ACRs, all in silver paint, specially made for the Viper ACRs without the rivits along the edges.

OP
OP
Bad_Byte

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good points one and all. Thanks, I'm very cautious about this one.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure there wasn't silver stripes in 99 also.

I thought Eric Lee was a dependable Viper salesman?

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure there wasn't silver stripes in 99 also.
I thought Eric Lee was a dependable Viper salesman?

Just checked "Features by year" on the IVR and the color chart does indicate that silver stripes were available for '99-'00, both GTS and ACR. But that one frontal pic on that ad showing the stripes painted through the lower 2" lip leaves me in doubt in thinking that it was repainted, at least the front nose. So maybe it was in an accident, and if it was originally a non-ACR GTS, perhaps they just stuck the black ACR covers over the fog lights? Dunno. I'd ask the seller these questions.
:confused:

So Art, you looking to get a used ACR? Well, lucky you! :D

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Guys it's an easy check. Go to the Dodge dealer and have them run the VIN on the car. The VIN reveals the entire build sheet of that particular vehicle. I did this when I purchased my ACR.

OP
OP
Bad_Byte

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Guys it's an easy check. Go to the Dodge dealer and have them run the VIN on the car. The VIN reveals the entire build sheet of that particular vehicle. I did this when I purchased my ACR.

Good to know, I wish I would have known that today while the dealers were still open. I think I'll try it in the morning.

mrviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When we traded for the car the first thing I asked the customer was -Where's the ACR wheels and side badges? He said it had the stock wheels when he got it. I ran the Vin and it shows through Dodge that it is indeed and ACR. It has the ACR plaque and it has 5 point harnesses. Sorry for the confusion VCA.

Eric Lee
Latham Dodge
208-736-7080

cgmaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Don't plan on finding any cheap ACR wheels if you want to make it original again. I heard yesterday a set of 2 wheels went on ebay for close to $2000.

GoldenVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score

And another thing: It should have Koni adjustable shocks.
I also have a question: Why would anyone remove the smooth tubes and replace it with wrinkle tubes? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62