Do not buy this GTS.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Until you know the facts.... I think it goes without saying, but I'll say it again,.... do not buy a car without looking at it.

This car which he says has "Clean carfax, car inspected at local Certified Viper Dealer Timberline Dodge"...... was wrecked! The front fascia and hood have been repainted. It looks to have had the title washed in Florida and there are MANY other problems with it. The door pillar is cracked and the side sills are so corroded they have gapping holes in them. I have pictures to back everything I say up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodg...ategoryZ6209QQihZ017QQitemZ270143239876QQrdZ1

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish Ebay still let us see the emails addy's of bidders. I wouldve sent the high bidder a link to this thread. Sometimes too much security can actually be a bad thing. At least for the guy about to pay a lot of money for that Viper

OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent the owner an email and also tried to call. I met him when he was trying to sell the car last year, so I don't think he'll return my call.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Don't they have a comment field underneath the auction where buyer/seller can post comments?

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D
Until you know the facts.... I think it goes without saying, but I'll say it again,.... do not buy a car without looking at it.

This car which he says has "Clean carfax, car inspected at local Certified Viper Dealer Timberline Dodge"...... was wrecked! The front fascia and hood have been repainted. It looks to have had the title washed in Florida and there are MANY other problems with it. The door pillar is cracked and the side sills are so corroded they have gapping holes in them. I have pictures to back everything I say up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodg...ategoryZ6209QQihZ017QQitemZ270143239876QQrdZ1

I actually flew from So Cal to Oregon with check in hand after the person selling it assured me that for a 11 year old car it looked great:rolleyes: That should have been my first hint. But nope, having owned 4 GTS's before and really wanting another B/W I ignored the obvious.

My brother and I get picked up by this guy and as soon as we get to his house I could already tell it was a pc of SH**! So after looking at it for 10min my brother looks at me and says "what do you think"? I turn and look at the guy selling it and reply "should I call a cab or are you taking us back to the airport"? He gave us a ride back to the airport where my brother and I headed to the nearest bar. Then my brother turns to me and says "is this the most expensive beer you evere had"? :D

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish Ebay still let us see the emails addy's of bidders. I wouldve sent the high bidder a link to this thread. Sometimes too much security can actually be a bad thing. At least for the guy about to pay a lot of money for that Viper

Who in their right mind would buy a Viper without reading the forum and doing their homework first. :nono:

OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find this kinda of funny..... you can see his reflection as I take pictures of the damage. This is the crack in the driver side door pillar and the half a$$ glue job to fix it. The door was all messed up. So is the whole car. But the point is, it's pretty hard to tell someone you didn't know about when I have pictures of him standing by me taking picutres of the damage..... and telling him about! This guys a crook!

DSC03824.JPG

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
" It looks to have had the title washed in Florida and there are MANY other problems with it. "

Will someone please explain this "Florida title wash" comment?

I rebuilt my car in Florida and had to have every VIN # from every part used. Also, the car was inspected and I was subjected to a cavity search.

If someone knows a way to do this with a clear title, my next project will not have a special sticker in the door, and a disclaimer on the title.

Thanks

OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm certainly not going to post how to wash a title on the internet. It's done, that a fact of life. Happens all over. This one just happens to apprear to been done in Florida.

The problem you had is.... your honest! Take pride in that.

djacob372

Enthusiast
Reaction score
" It looks to have had the title washed in Florida and there are MANY other problems with it. "

Will someone please explain this "Florida title wash" comment?

I rebuilt my car in Florida and had to have every VIN # from every part used. Also, the car was inspected and I was subjected to a cavity search.

If someone knows a way to do this with a clear title, my next project will not have a special sticker in the door, and a disclaimer on the title.

Thanks

I've heard that florida has recently corrected the loopholes it had that made title washing easy.

Regardless of what they've done to correct matters, I'm still leary of florida titles. That state seems to have 10x the amount of car dealers per capita, with all that activity and all those car salesmen, it has to be hard for the state to keep a good watch on it.

4chenry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A huge thank you to VCA member Kala. I am a Prowler owner and asked Kala about this Viper. Was directed to this thread and pulled out of the bidding. The seller says he has a deal and pulled the listing from eBay. THANKS KALA!

nitrouspowered

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about his state but most have a deceptive trade practice clause which would generate triple damages in a suit.With the pics and notification he would no longer be able to claim ignorance.A friend and I looked at a what looked like a solid cuda conv. in Cal.Turned out to be a mess even though it looked very clean.We were able to actually pull a chunk of rust out of the frame rails.We notified the guy that he should make sure to be open with his description in case he was unaware ( Doubtfull).Next day E-bay description changed from "rust free" was dropped and when you called he just got very vague with a lot of "I think it is solid, but check it yourself"

Konstantin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, that is a pricy beer! but I truly am sorry for that b/s! atleast he gave you and your brother a ride. good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth