Dodge Viper replacement teased on Facebook

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012...placement-teased-on-facebook/?intcmp=features
Dodge Viper replacement teased on Facebook
Published January 31, 2012
| FoxNews.com
And the sssssstriptease begins.
Chrysler has released the first image of the much-anticipated replacement for the Dodge Viper on Facebook.
The white on black line drawing of the front of the upcoming supercar is lacking in detail, but shows a few distinctive styling cues that carry over from the old car including tall front fenders, a double-bubble roof and a central air intake on the hood for what is surely a massive powerplant underneath it. But unlike the original, the new Viper will be sold under Chrysler’s newly-formed high-performance SRT (Street and Racing Technology) brand, rather than Dodge.
Little is known about the all-new Viper, but company execs have said to expect a more sophisticated vehicle than the blunt instrument that preceded it. Traction and stability control are almost a sure thing, and last summer SRT President and CEO Ralph Gilles told Fox Car Report LIVE! that the addition of cruise control and – gulp – cupholders were under consideration.
Originally rumored to be powered by an engine from Chrysler’s Fiat-run cousin Ferrari, the latest word is that it will use a street-legal take on the recently introduced 800 hp 8.7-liter V10 crate engine, which is not only based on the motor from the old Viper, but still wears the car’s name on its red head covers.
Regardless, Gilles says the new Viper will "be hopefully something people collect, covet and are happy it exists.”
The 2013 Viper will be evealed in full at the New York Auto Show in April, and in showrooms by the end of the year. It will be built in Detroit at the Conner Avenue Assembly plant where the old one was produced, known to fans of the car as the "Snake Pit."
Click here for more from FoxNews.com Autos

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks zoomie for the headsup

looks good, really good, so far :headbang:

You must be registered for see images

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Traction and stability control are almost a sure thing, ... that the addition of cruise control and – gulp – cupholders were under consideration.

...the new Viper will "be hopefully something people collect, covet and are happy it exists.

The above two sentences do not go together if I may put it so blunt, let's hope the cruise control and cupholders will have moved out of consideration quickly or if they must find a way to the final product, option ONLY (not standard) and at a hefty premium :eater:

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The above two sentences do not go together if I may put it so blunt, let's hope the cruise control and cupholders will have moved out of consideration quickly or if they must find a way to the final product, option ONLY (not standard) and at a hefty premium :eater:

Those 2 options should double the cost of the car ... to act a deterant :D

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I want to make sure I understand: You won't collect it, covet it, or be happy if it has cupholders and cruise control?

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its kind of funny how so many are against cup holders in this car, yet the VCA decided that it was a great idea to include a gift in the membership package that allows you to stick your cellphone on the dash somewhere (most ridiculous thing ever). Really....if the new Viper has cup holders....is it worth arguing about ??? Seems to me that there are a few things that would be a little more important to discuss. Like engines, trannys and rear ends. Also I don't mind cruise in any cars.....keeps me from getting speeding tickets on a regular basis. If the new Viper is in fact going to compete with many of the offerings out there, then it needs some of this stuff. I dont think it will make it a worse car but rather take it to the next level. Besides....the more different this new Viper is, the more I think the older generations will hold their value. Matt

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to make sure I understand: You won't collect it, covet it, or be happy if it has cupholders and cruise control?

Just a little less than I was anticipating because those two don't belong on it, that is what people have daily drivers for.

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still haven't been able to get used to that new emblem, but probably will over time. It is, to me, for lack of a better term, "too busy" when compaired to pete or fangs. Change comes hard for some of us. It just doesn't pop out at a distance.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still haven't been able to get used to that new emblem, but probably will over time. It is, to me, for lack of a better term, "too busy" when compaired to pete or fangs. Change comes hard for some of us. It just doesn't pop out at a distance.

I love the new logo. When we saw it at VOI it really summed up (at least to me) the whole attitude of the the company (dodge at the time), the car, and most importantly the team building the car. It seemed like they had a new energy about them. Ready t take on anything that was thrown at them. I was ready to come home and sell my GEN. IV for the new car.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Same here. Too busy. It is actually hard to see what it really is. Not sure why they think it needed a new emblem. Other great cars over the years have kept emblems that have become icons.

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys see a lot more than I do in that teaser image. I just hope that its not to much like the GTS. Don't get me wrong...I think they look great but I am not sure we are ready for a 'remake' of a older design yet. The GTS has had its time and we need something that will make the other guys take notice. Not something that's a takeoff from 15 years ago. I know they have a following but they are very dated. I hope that the new model will stir everyone up and make the enemies have to go back to the their headquarters scratching their heads in frustration since they once again have been outdone.

Matt

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
it really summed up (at least to me) the whole attitude of the the company (dodge at the time)

Couldn't agree with you more... AND disagree with you more...

But Silver04 has a good question thrown in there - Would
cupholders and CC make it any less of a car? Short answer
- No, not at all. But the other stuff does (TC, ect..) which
makes these things simply more icing to the crapcake. I am
sorry, I know SRT is trying like hell to hold its own on the
Nuberwhateverring, but since I have no plans on ever
driving over there, I would simply rather have a car that I
could drive crosscountry without worring what intergrated
and irreplacible part is going to short out next.

When I am 400 miles from home and the car stops
running, I don't want it to be a question of which IT group
do I need to call to find out what the problem might be.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one that found that teaser pic disappointing. What the hell is up with the head lights? I seriously hope that is not some bs led thing happening there.

the latest word is that it will use a street-legal take on the recently introduced 800 hp 8.7-liter V10 crate engine
At least that part is hopefull.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave