Does the gen v look like what we saw at Salt Lake City VOI ??

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who saw the Ralph and Sergio's intro at Salt Lake ...are there any notable differences from the production model in NYC?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the model in SLC was 3/4 the size and done in clay. Much better wheels than what was there too.

Bruce

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looked pretty close to me. Some of the trim pieces and the grill looked better finished on the final product, but over all pretty much identical.

Model car only had non working mockups of head and tail lights. Real thing looks more jewel like.

ViperSSG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought it looked pretty darn close. The mock up had blacked out cross hairs in the lower grille, LED light outline on the lower edges, roof extension into the rear glass, single engine vents in the hood, and Gen II overtones. My impression at the time was that side sculpting was more a blend of all the previous generations and now it is more Gen II so I think there was a change there.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the car at the unveiling (full scale model at the far end opposite the bar) was the car they showed in SLC? Someone who was there said it was the same car. Was I told incorrectly?

kickinasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Basically production car is very close to SLC car in looks. The production version lost the fog lights in the front fasica (now just air inlet scalops), headlights changed a little as did talilights, the rest were minor tweaks...(headlights in hood versus in fascia, etc.,). If both cars were side by side you would see all the tweaks, and changes in where stuff is located in space. Its pretty close by auto standards. Yes car by bar was the one showed in SLC.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the car at the unveiling (full scale model at the far end opposite the bar) was the car they showed in SLC? Someone who was there said it was the same car. Was I told incorrectly?

Correct. Same car. I have photos. Let me find it and upload. Standby Captain...

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Basically production car is very close to SLC car in looks. The production version lost the fog lights in the front fasica (now just air inlet scalops), headlights changed a little as did talilights, the rest were minor tweaks...(headlights in hood versus in fascia, etc.,). If both cars were side by side you would see all the tweaks, and changes in where stuff is located in space. Its pretty close by auto standards. Yes car by bar was the one showed in SLC.

The photos of the car by the bar, doesn't look like it had fog lights on it, and the headlights look to be in the hood also. I wasn't at either event, so just curious what you guys saw.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was the car in SLC. The car is made of foam and features a $10K paint job to make it look real!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: