1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't have your Gen 5 yet? Rent one from Hertz!

Discussion in 'Generation V Discussions / SRT Coupe, GTS, GTC, AC' started by Y2K5SRT, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Y2K5SRT

Y2K5SRT Enthusiast

2. VENOM V

VENOM V Enthusiast

Haha, believe me I am thinking about it. By any chance has anyone priced this out?

3. Brad04Mamba

Brad04Mamba Viper Owner

There is a 2013 actually in the airport at San Diego as you get off the plane. I believe the price was around $800 a day.

4. Boxer12

Boxer12 Enthusiast

Great, those cars will soon be in the used market killing everyone's resale value..on the plus side, what a ride if you need to make a quick trip to Vegas!

5. ViperSmith

ViperSmith Enthusiast

lmao, worried about the resale value when people don't even have the car yet? Thats a bit silly.

Better question is, why does Hertz have a car when people who ordered don't.

6. 72hemi

72hemi Enthusiast

7. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 Enthusiast

Because money talks. When you have corporate money, you can do anything.

8. TrackAire

TrackAire Enthusiast

If you're thinking about buying a Gen 5, renting one is definitely a smart move so you can actually spend some time with it and see if you like it, etc. Being able to drive it in multiple conditions without the salesman next to you is nice.
    I rented a Maserati GranTurismo for the wife to try out at Enterprise of all places. They have an exotic/luxury side to the company based out of SoCal, Palm Springs and I think Vegas. Couldn't beat the deal, $500.00 per day with unlimited miles!

George

9. ViperSmith

ViperSmith Enthusiast

I guess the business man in me would rather have satisfied individuals who paid for my products using them and evangelizing, rather than a company car that gets thrashed by joe schmo renting it for $1000 a day

10. kenphjr

kenphjr Enthusiast

Oh,I can see a few of them getting wrecked!

11. Coloviper

Coloviper Enthusiast

Do you think they will notice if a roll cage was put in on Friday, then car was race all weekend and then returned on Monday all in one piece. Guess need to learn how to delete all the performance data out of the new fancy info unit. :)

12. SRTviper

SRTviper Enthusiast

Is there a hertz in the MD, VA, DC area that has the viper? How do we find this out? I would pay 500-800 to drive it for a whole day lol.

13. SADVIPER

SADVIPER Enthusiast

LOL haha I hear u bro!

14. redtanrt10

redtanrt10 Enthusiast

30% of Chrysler's total YTD sales are to rental companies, it's not corporate money, it's realtionship and buying power.

Do you think the hertz cars are custom units?? More than likely a few of the launch editions and who knows, may have been bought directly from dealers. At the price Hertz rents the vipers for, they could pay MSRP and still make out financially.

15. DrumrBoy

DrumrBoy Enthusiast

Unless the traction control turn-off is disconnected, I'm guessin' those Hertz cars will last about two weeks before they're salvage titled.

16. ringram

ringram Enthusiast

A $10,000 deductible should help make it 3 weeks :)

17. VENOM V

VENOM V Enthusiast

Because my Viper's not yet built, I tried to rent a Viper from Hertz for my 4-day supercar road trip with my friends, beginning July 4th. Nope, they don't have a Viper yet. So then I tried Club Sportiva. $1,000 a day, after the VCA "discount," LOL. Yikes. Gonna pass on that.

I ended up renting a Camaro SS Convertible from Hertz. I just couldn't bring myself to take the family wagon down Highway 1, Pebble Beach, Santa Barbara, you get the idea. It just wouldn't be right! I know. The Camaro's no Viper. But hey, you gotta enjoy life and roll with the punches!