Door skin fitment issue, Advice requested.

Getnlwr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys, I am having a issue with my 08 vert. The passenger door is rubbing in the front of the door where it meets a triangular panel. The panel appears to be inboard a small amount at the top and just need to be adjusted outboard. the door appears to be aligned correctly with good spacing everywhere around it. The door has had the paint and some of the door material worn off from 5 years or so of use. It's not too bad and looks pretty easy for any shop to fix. As for adjusting the panel spacing it away from the body shouldn't be too hard. I see two screws in the top of the panel that I can access. I am concerned with how the triangular panel comes out. If there are any body guru's here, I'd appreciate the assistance.

Picture included of generic car and the white circled area is what I am talking about.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thank you,
Andy

TheOldViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had the triangle panel out on my '09. As I remember, there are three screws at top. After removing the screws it sort of just falls out.
BillyC

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remove the screws, it comes off. Not sure if you can adjust it forward or back though.

OP
OP
G

Getnlwr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Remove the screws, it comes off. Not sure if you can adjust it forward or back though.

I'm sure I can figure out how to adjust it a little bit slotting a hole with a small circular file. I don't really need to adjust it forward. I need to adjust it outboard from the center line. The gap between panels is fine. The triangle panel is sitting too far inboard at the top. It doesn't need to move more than 1/8 of an inch at most, and maybe as little as 1/16 to get rid of the rubbing so I an dab a drop or two of touch-up paint on it. Kind of disappointing to find the fitment issue on a car I just spent 64K on and especially that it's obviously been there for a while, but it should be pretty easy to fix. If the orig owner found it right after he bought it, it would have been a warranty repair item. Regardless, I still drove it all day yesterday with a huge grin the whole time. Damn I still love this car, and own my dream car, and I'll be taking it apart tonight to get it back to a non damaged finish.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to open the door and loosen or remove the screw at the bottom. The triangular panel has a slotted tab at the bottom so you may be able to slide it out after loosening the screw.

OP
OP
G

Getnlwr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got it to adjust out about 1/4 inch and it fits much better now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62