Door speaker removal?

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My right side door speaker cuts in and out when I hit a bump. I've checked all the wires in the trunk and they feel tight. I think I have a loose connection at the speaker. I've read a few threads and some say you can remove the speaker without taking the door panel off. I've tried to take the speaker grill off but I'm afraid of using too much force. Any tips on how to get the grill off and if I do can I pull the speaker out from there and check the connections?

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just did this a few days ago to fix the window guide. Take out the three screws, then use a paint scraper or flat blade screw driver to gently pry under the edge of the speaker. Be careful not to scratch the paint on the speaker grill. Pry in several places around the circumference and it should slowly come out. It's a little difficult to put back because the carpet hides the location of the holes. Look behind the carpet to see where to put the screws.
Jerry

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The door panel comes off pretty easily. I did this last weekend to replace the blown driver on my passenger side door.

jgrakla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently replaced door speakers. I did it by taking the bottom half of the door loose but leaving the top clipped in. I was afraid of breaking the top clips. I found there was enough flex in the door panel that I could lift it out of the way enough that I could get in there and remove the speakers.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you may find that the speaker is ok, your problem is likely to be a broken wire between the door and the car body. Open the door fully then pull back the rubber boot covering the wires into the door and check there ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave